Christmas Carol
Never let me go
Power and Conflict poetry
I can probably help anyone who needs it out if you like

yes i need everything you have especially practice essays on
macbeth
a christmas carol
power and conflict thanks
How can you help me with power and conflict, as that’s stressing me out at the moment?
Original post by Malthus22
How can you help me with power and conflict, as that’s stressing me out at the moment?

What exactly is stressing you out about it?
Everything lol, I really have no knowledge on this tbh.
Original post by MorganMason
What exactly is stressing you out about it?
Reply 5
Yeah I’m pretty stressed for English lit too, could you tell us how you structured your answers and also how many paragraphs did you write for most questions (30 mark questions). I aiming to do 8, 1 introduction, 6 actually analysis paragraphs and then 1 conclusion.
Original post by karlas123
yes i need everything you have especially practice essays on
macbeth
a christmas carol
power and conflict thanks

If you want to pm me I can write you up a quick example of some top end analysis and explain how I went about forming the paragraph? Being able to analyse is most important I think
Reply 7
Yessss can you help with structure of ur essays also any good tips and Dos and Donts please
Would I be able to PM you?
How did you revise English Lit?
Exam is on Tuesday and I have only revised A Christmas Carol not Macbeth.
When did you start English Lit revision?

Thanks
Hey I'm studying all the same books and poetry anthology as you did!
how did you learn quotes? like what do you think is the best method for remembering them cos Im really struggling here haha
also for the poetry questions what did you write about? and like how many paragraphs about structure, lang or form or whatever.
Just any tips about writing about the books would be helpful too.
thankss!!
Original post by hiri34
Yessss can you help with structure of ur essays also any good tips and Dos and Donts please

Some easy dos and do nots I can give are:
DO - Always talk go back to why the writer chose to do something. Remember write about Macbeth all you like but you need to say why Shakespeare wrote him in that way and what message he wanted to spread to the audience
DONT - Waffle on without actually making a point. A peel structure works better than you think if you can't structure independently I always go for point, quote, writers methods/analysis together and context in with the analysis throughout to get AO3 easy
DO - talk about context often, don't just mention it once or twice desperately instead talk about context as either it's own paragraph (supported with quotes and methods) or suggest often how context of the time period may have influenced writers methods in doing certain things
DO - plan your answer, it only needs to be a short table with a few key words to remind you if you want just make sure you have some sort of plan or you get lost
DO - analysis quotes critically. For example "give me the daggers" you'll want to talk about how Shakespeare shocks the audience with a woman using imperatives in "give" to control the man and you can make seperate points about other parts such as "daggers" being seen as a small, concealed weapon not typical of brave, strong kings perfectly depicting Macbeth as the "false" king he is. There's always more than one thing to say about a quote and sometimes you do not have many quotes so make them count
Hi, could you pm me some Christmas carol quotes? and their analysis?
Hi well done for getting a grade 9 last year! If you have any practice essays/extracts on Macbeth or power and conflict cluster if you could pm them that would be amazing, literally anything I don’t care how long or what it’s about, thank you so much
hi well done on a 9 that is incredible!! i do never let me go as well! what do you think the main themes i need to learn are and what are the most important moments in the book that would support these themes?
Also how do you link to context and his messages because i always struggle to come up with that :/
Also how does his writing affect the reader? does it scare them that this is what our future could be like?
and finally what are the writers methods? is it like he uses the tape to show Madame that Kathy will never be able to have a child n that kind of stuff?
would appreciate the help as i got a 6 on my last exam 😬
Original post by peeked
Yeah I’m pretty stressed for English lit too, could you tell us how you structured your answers and also how many paragraphs did you write for most questions (30 mark questions). I aiming to do 8, 1 introduction, 6 actually analysis paragraphs and then 1 conclusion.

For 30 mark questions I usually did 4 analysis 1 conclusion and make the 4 paragraphs beefier so you get more critical analysis and less boring analysis. Quality over quantity! And if you are struggling with structure go for a modified peel structure like this :
Point
Explain and analyse point using a quote and discuss writers methods
Explain with an example how writers methods were influenced by context
Link to next paragraph
Original post by MorganMason
I got a grade 9 in Literature last year and studied
Macbeth
Christmas Carol
Never let me go
Power and Conflict poetry
I can probably help anyone who needs it out if you like

What is a better grade 8/9 sentence for "The writer presents" and
another for "this is seen in the text where it says"
Original post by areyouhuman
hi well done on a 9 that is incredible!! i do never let me go as well! what do you think the main themes i need to learn are and what are the most important moments in the book that would support these themes?
Also how do you link to context and his messages because i always struggle to come up with that :/
Also how does his writing affect the reader? does it scare them that this is what our future could be like?
and finally what are the writers methods? is it like he uses the tape to show Madame that Kathy will never be able to have a child n that kind of stuff?
would appreciate the help as i got a 6 on my last exam 😬

When you wonder how the writing effects the reader think how it makes YOU feel, how do you feel that most clones are raised like battery hens just for their organs, how do you feel that they are not seen as human or worth loving etc. Then once you have figured that out think why did Ishiguro do this? A certain emotive response from a reader may have been his intention, he could have been making a statement about growing scientific advancements in society and used humans as the example to exaggerate his point it's anything you make it out to be as long as you can back it up. To link to context you want to put it together with writers methods, how was the writer influenced by the context to write the things you will analyse? For example there is the scientific advancements causing unease after the first animals were being cloned as context
u got my private message morgan
Can you help with how to structure power and conflict poetry like when writing the essay and tips on what to say about structure when comparing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending