Do u like maths?

?! Like maths

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SnowDragonFire
?! Like maths

Of course, it is amazing.
?! Like maths

yes, I have studied a few subjects and math is the BEST one i have ever studied. Numbers don't lie and I think that is very true. Math is interesting.
(edited 5 years ago)
Attachment not found

Numbers do not lie.
Original post by potatoui
yes, I have studied a few subjects and math is the BEST one i have ever studied. Number don't lie and I think that is very true. Math is interesting.
(edited 5 years ago)
?! Like maths

Yes, maths got me to learn how to think logically and also showed me the value of education and why it matters.
I love maths btw everyone commenting !!
Reply 6
Original post by Dabluemini
Yes, maths got me to learn how to think logically and also showed me the value of education and why it matters.

How so?

I enjoy maths because of the sense of satisfaction you get when you complete a difficult problem, but that's pretty much it, so I'm curious to know how it showed you the value of education.
Maths is my favourite subject since there's a logical method of doing things and there are strict answers. It is literally the study of logic and nothing could be more straightforward yet beautiful at the same time. With other subjects like English or History, whether you're right depends on the opinion of the person marking your paper, whereas in maths, right is right, and wrong is wrong.

Maths is also an ingenious subject and is then only subject which requires rigorous proof and being 100% sure about something. And some of the methods used to prove things in maths are so elegant that it's also clear that maths requires a sense of creativity and thinking outside the box rather than just plugging in numbers.

There's a reason that maths is a respected subject, kids in school who complain that they're never going to use the things they learn in maths lessons don't realise the implicit logical thinking they're developing on the side, which is useful everywhere. A maths degree opens up multiple doors, which just goes to show how maths is relevant and important in everyday life.

To answer your question: yes, I do love maths because even though there are millions of people who are better than me at it, it doesn't stop me from learning about things which are logical in study, but creative and beautiful in nature.
(edited 5 years ago)
Yeah, wouldnt say I love maths but I do like it alot. As some said before me the 'sense of satisfaction you get when you complete a difficult problem' is a great feeling, once you get your head around it, it makes you feel more confident in your analytical skills
Original post by 3pointonefour
Maths is my favourite subject since there's a logical method of doing things and there are strict answers. It is literally the study of logic and nothing could be more straightforward yet beautiful at the same time. With other subjects like English or History, whether you're right depends on the opinion of the person marking your paper, whereas in maths, right is right, and wrong is wrong.

Maths is also an ingenious subject and is then only subject which requires rigorous proof and being 100% sure about something. And some of the methods used to prove things in maths are so elegant that it's also clear that maths requires a sense of creativity and thinking outside the box rather than just plugging in numbers.

There's a reason that maths is a respected subject, kids in school who complain that they're never going to use the things they learn in maths lessons don't realise the implicit logical thinking they're developing on the side, which is useful everywhere. A maths degree opens up multiple doors, which just goes to show how maths is relevant and important in everyday life.

To answer your question: yes, I do love maths because even though there are millions of people who are better than me at it, it doesn't stop me from learning about things which are logical in study, but creative and beautiful in nature.

Totally agree with you. I love the secure certain answers that come alongside such a beautiful subject
not anymore
Originated out of my hatred of essay subjects and some of the more subjective ones, then I realised that it was also fun too. So yeah I like maths.
Yes but it’s not my favourite subject
me and maths are like trump and kim jong un-before they agreed on nuclear weapons
Nope
*interesting theory*
Maths is based on the belief that zero exists, but there’s this theory that proves that zero isn’t actually real. Therefore maths is not real. Mindblown
Original post by Zantar
How so?

I enjoy maths because of the sense of satisfaction you get when you complete a difficult problem, but that's pretty much it, so I'm curious to know how it showed you the value of education.

Why it showed me the value of education?
Because before year 11 I hated work, I never did it, always did it last minute , not to the quality my teachers are expecting it to be , until I entered in Year 11 and thought "what if I actually tried to use my maths skills in x scenario" , so during one holiday I used some of my skills to solve a real life problem ( it was to do with money and percentages for my family ) and I actually helped out in finding a solution and it made me really happy that I finally was able to make myself useful. It gave me the idea that school or education can lead me away from the path of being a loser, so from then on I wanted to learn as much as I can , leading me to programming as now I code in 6 languages and wanting to learn more. Hope that gives you an idea of why i value and love it .
Reply 17
Original post by Dabluemini
Why it showed me the value of education?
Because before year 11 I hated work, I never did it, always did it last minute , not to the quality my teachers are expecting it to be , until I entered in Year 11 and thought "what if I actually tried to use my maths skills in x scenario" , so during one holiday I used some of my skills to solve a real life problem ( it was to do with money and percentages for my family ) and I actually helped out in finding a solution and it made me really happy that I finally was able to make myself useful. It gave me the idea that school or education can lead me away from the path of being a loser, so from then on I wanted to learn as much as I can , leading me to programming as now I code in 6 languages and wanting to learn more. Hope that gives you an idea of why i value and love it .

Nice!
Yes
I am particularly interested in the Riemann hypothesis and the other millennium problems.

Quick Reply

Latest