The Student Room Group

AQA Macbeth- Banquo's Character

My teacher predicts that either Banquo or the Supernatural may come up. I'm alright with The Supernatural but does anyone have any good quotes for Banquo?
Original post by anynonymous2
My teacher predicts that either Banquo or the Supernatural may come up. I'm alright with The Supernatural but does anyone have any good quotes for Banquo?

You could talk about how he was unfazed by the witches prophecies, and maybe use the quote 'rapt with'al' which is what he said to Macbeth.
"(stage directions). [Enter BANQUO, and FLEANCE with a torch]"

You could possibly talk about Banquo being accompanied by a torch via stage directions and talk about what the torch represents.
AS longs a the extract is good you could just say about Banquo character through the extract and say this is juxtaposed to Macbeth but if I was to get Bangui quotes look up Act 3 scene 1 where Macbeth has soliloquy on killing Banquo before he does it
Original post by I'mCookieMonster
You could talk about how he was unfazed by the witches prophecies, and maybe use the quote 'rapt with'al' which is what he said to Macbeth.

Thank you.
Reply 5

You go to wilsons?
Original post by Ozymandingo
"(stage directions). [Enter BANQUO, and FLEANCE with a torch]"

You could possibly talk about Banquo being accompanied by a torch via stage directions and talk about what the torch represents.

Thank You:smile:
Reply 7
quotes/ideas for Banquo:

1. "instruments of darkness" - he recognises that the witches are not to be trusted, unlike Macbeth who fully believes in their prophecies
2. He has "a wisdom" which suggests that Banquo thinks before he acts and does what is right
3. He is a noble and brave warrior "Noble Banquo"
4. "Are ye fantastical" he is suspicious of witches as their appearance is misleading
5." O, treachery!" suggests he did not suspect that macbeth would betray him
'the dauntless temper of his mind'
'a wisdom that doth guide his valour'
Original post by Izzy56
quotes/ideas for Banquo:

1. "instruments of darkness" - he recognises that the witches are not to be trusted, unlike Macbeth who fully believes in their prophecies
2. He has "a wisdom" which suggests that Banquo thinks before he acts and does what is right
3. He is a noble and brave warrior "Noble Banquo"
4. "Are ye fantastical" he is suspicious of witches as their appearance is misleading
5." O, treachery!" suggests he did not suspect that macbeth would betray him

This is really helpful-Thank You:smile:
Original post by GreenSpoon125
'the dauntless temper of his mind'
'a wisdom that doth guide his valour'

Thank You:smile:
Original post by CasterSugar
AS longs a the extract is good you could just say about Banquo character through the extract and say this is juxtaposed to Macbeth but if I was to get Bangui quotes look up Act 3 scene 1 where Macbeth has soliloquy on killing Banquo before he does it

Yep, that would be easy. But you also have to quote outside of the extract and in order to get full marks, my teacher told us to "explode" the quote inside the text and directly contrast it to somewhere else in the play so for Banquo, that is where I struggle as he is not in the play much but yet he is a prominent character.
Original post by Josh54
You go to wilsons?

Nope:smile:
Reply 13
Nope:smile:

Just that we got the exact same prediction
Original post by Josh54
Just that we got the exact same prediction

Some of the teachers also predict that Macduff could also come up.

Quick Reply

Latest