The Student Room Group

a level further maths resources?

doing gcse maths this year, and from what i can see there are loads of resources:

hegartymaths
cgp revision guide, cgp workbook, cgp exam practice workbook, cgp grade 9 book
pearson textbook
cgp textbook
pearson target grade 9 book x2, target grade 7 book x2, target grade 5book x2
pearson practice papers plus+
corbettmaths
maths genie
loads of youtube videos

looking at further maths a level i can find only 2...
textbook
1 cgp book

why is this? theres loads more content in further maths surely meaning they need more books?
same goes similiarly for a level maths, are there much resources for either? it kind of worries me because at gcse im pretty much dependant on all these books and they take me through. also are there any "target a*" books for further maths and normal maths? thanks
Original post by jamesgillian123
doing gcse maths this year, and from what i can see there are loads of resources:

hegartymaths
cgp revision guide, cgp workbook, cgp exam practice workbook, cgp grade 9 book
pearson textbook
cgp textbook
pearson target grade 9 book x2, target grade 7 book x2, target grade 5book x2
pearson practice papers plus+
corbettmaths
maths genie
loads of youtube videos

looking at further maths a level i can find only 2...
textbook
1 cgp book

why is this? theres loads more content in further maths surely meaning they need more books?
same goes similiarly for a level maths, are there much resources for either? it kind of worries me because at gcse im pretty much dependant on all these books and they take me through. also are there any "target a*" books for further maths and normal maths? thanks

For A-Level, your exam board will produce textbooks, and there are good resources like ExamSolutions.net. But broadly speaking, you are expected at this level of study to be a bit more self-sufficient: people aren't just going to spoon-feed you as they did at GCSE.
Original post by Prasiortle
For A-Level, your exam board will produce textbooks, and there are good resources like ExamSolutions.net. But broadly speaking, you are expected at this level of study to be a bit more self-sufficient: people aren't just going to spoon-feed you as they did at GCSE.

ah right, so where do you go to find tricky a* type questions?
ah right, so where do you go to find tricky a* type questions?

Solomon Papers (which can be found at physicsandmathstutor.com) or IYGB papers (from madasmaths.com, written by TSR member TeeEm, a retired academic).
Solomon Papers (which can be found at physicsandmathstutor.com) or IYGB papers (from madasmaths.com, written by TSR member TeeEm, a retired academic).

what does IYGB mean? looking at the website when i click a paper it just shows this
https://madasmaths.com/archive/iygb_practice_papers/fp2_practice_papers/fp2_a.pdf ?
and what does solomon mean?
what does IYGB mean? looking at the website when i click a paper it just shows this
https://madasmaths.com/archive/iygb_practice_papers/fp2_practice_papers/fp2_a.pdf ?
and what does solomon mean?

If you're doing new spec, not all of the papers are available yet. See https://madasmaths.com/news.html. For most of them, papers M, N, O, P, Q, and R should be available. Also, no-one (except TeeEm himself) knows what IYGB stands for.

As for Solomon Papers, they are made by Solomon Press (an independent publisher), and are generally considered harder than past papers. You can find them at http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/a-level-maths-papers/ - scroll down to whichever module you want and select "Solomon papers".
Reply 6
Also, no-one (except TeeEm himself) knows what IYGB stands for.

If You've Got Balls.

Spoiler

Original post by Sir Cumference
If You've Got Balls.

Spoiler

great thanks, mate.
smh typical people like you .... its Indian yogurt Gustaf Bumchiki-Wawa
(btw it's a joke buddy)

Quick Reply

Latest