The Student Room Group

Corpus Christi College Oxford

I was thinking of entering an essay in to the Corpus Christi Schools Science prize but the website didn't provide much information on what happens. I was wondering if anyone who has done it can tell me what the process is like. I'd also like to know if you have to tell your school you've taken part or do you do it independently and do universities look at it as a good thing.

Thank you for any help/information you can give.

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
I entered this today - it was the deadline. Never done it before. Did you enter in the end, and if so what subject? :smile:
did you get an email confirming your entry was received?
Original post by FiloThePhilo
did you get an email confirming your entry was received?

Nope, did you?
Same, I was wondering if it got through or not...

I did the chemistry one, but honestly the essay topic was a bit absurd.
(edited 5 years ago)
Yeah I did chem too, I struggled to think at first but then found it pretty fun to do. Don't expect to get anything at all but just like the idea of someone reading it!
That's true; it was a pretty fun break from revision, to say the least.
Got confirmation email today :smile:
Original post by galonfire
Got confirmation email today :smile:

Same... Found the right forum I guess!
Original post by HydraFly
Same... Found the right forum I guess!

Haha yup! It said on email that they're giving them to tutors today - that probably doesn't mean they're reading them all today. Think I read that they don't release results until end of June, so a while yet!
Anyone enter for the biomed question on genetic mutations?
Original post by Foreverton
Anyone enter for the biomed question on genetic mutations?

I did!
Original post by mansmachine
I did!

Ooh competition - exciting! How did you find it and what did you talk about?
Ooh competition - exciting! How did you find it and what did you talk about?

I found it alright, but I worry that I made it too simple. And I wrote about different mutations and the effect they have on medicine
Reply 15
Original post by mansmachine
I found it alright, but I worry that I made it too simple. And I wrote about different mutations and the effect they have on medicine

I entered this one also and I think mine was wayyyy too simple oops! what mutations did you talk about?
Original post by 242424
I entered this one also and I think mine was wayyyy too simple oops! what mutations did you talk about?

I couldn’t talk about much as I only found out about it a few days before the deadline but I spoke about one specific mutation on the X chromosome which could be either good or bad
Reply 17
I couldn’t talk about much as I only found out about it a few days before the deadline but I spoke about one specific mutation on the X chromosome which could be either good or bad

That sounds so interesting! I only found out about it a week before so I'm not expecting to get anything from it aha
Original post by 242424
That sounds so interesting! I only found out about it a week before so I'm not expecting to get anything from it aha

Oh yeah same definitely but was good fun anyway
anyone heard anything yet

Quick Reply

Latest