The Student Room Group

Victor Frankenstein Context?

Can anyone please help? What context can be used

Scroll to see replies

im not sure go on mr bruff or mr salles for advice check their videos out
Original post by Ilikerevising
im not sure go on mr bruff or mr salles for advice check their videos out

Mr Bruff does not give context on Victor I am just confused as need context to back up tomorrow
Original post by asianmonkey
Mr Bruff does not give context on Victor I am just confused as need context to back up tomorrow

idk why you would need victor's context you only ever need to know about mary shelley's context
victor frankenstein is a character.
Make sure you talk about Giovanni Aldini and his experiments, that can be related to Victor. As long as you talk about that, Romanticism, Nature the sublime, gothic etc - to be honest it really depends on the question! Are you doing A level or GCSE? I have AS Frankenstein on Wednesday
Original post by chloecam29
Make sure you talk about Giovanni Aldini and his experiments, that can be related to Victor. As long as you talk about that, Romanticism, Nature the sublime, gothic etc - to be honest it really depends on the question! Are you doing A level or GCSE? I have AS Frankenstein on Wednesday

Hey I have Frankenstein As on Wednesday too! Do you have any predictions?
Original post by yoongistas
Hey I have Frankenstein As on Wednesday too! Do you have any predictions?

I’m not sure I think maybe a question about women/feminism or something about the monster as a doppelgänger? Hoping for women tbh hahaha
Are you doing CCEA, yeah?
I’m not sure I think maybe a question about women/feminism or something about the monster as a doppelgänger? Hoping for women tbh hahaha

Yeah ccea! I would have a question on women we haven’t even looked at them all year :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by asianmonkey

Yooo, Frankenstein is on Friday, tomorrow is Shakespeare and Post 1914 Lit.
Yeah ccea! I would have a question on women we haven’t even looked at them all year :frown:

hate*

It's awful because there's only one past paper so it's so hard to know! Plus ccea's website yesterday was such a joke hahahah
I'm watching all of Mr Bruff's youtube Frankenstein videos atm his one on women and nature vs nurture is really good
It's awful because there's only one past paper so it's so hard to know! Plus ccea's website yesterday was such a joke hahahah
I'm watching all of Mr Bruff's youtube Frankenstein videos atm his one on women and nature vs nurture is really good
thanks so much I’ll watch them! Do you think there’s a possibility gothic or romanticism may come up for the theme?
I am GCSE AQA
thanks so much I’ll watch them! Do you think there’s a possibility gothic or romanticism may come up for the theme?

No worries! He has like 10 different videos which is really good
I'm not sure, Romanticism may come up bc last year it was 'little more than a horror story' which is kinda gothic I guess? I don't think it would be gothic again but then it is ccea lmao

How did you find the play/poetry? I was doing Heaney and Frost and desert places was such a joke - Streetcar was alright though!
No worries! He has like 10 different videos which is really good
I'm not sure, Romanticism may come up bc last year it was 'little more than a horror story' which is kinda gothic I guess? I don't think it would be gothic again but then it is ccea lmao

How did you find the play/poetry? I was doing Heaney and Frost and desert places was such a joke - Streetcar was alright though!

POETRY WAS A JOKE omg it was the 2 poems I didn’t revise it was actually a joke I’m dead lol and I failed, I have lit no predictions anymore bc ccea wrecked me with that poetry when our teachers said landscapes will never come up
Hi there :wavey:
I've moved your thread to the English exams and study help forum where hopefully you'll get more answers :smile: In future, it's best to select the subject from the list here and create a thread in there instead :yep: If you want to see where threads belong, check out this thread :smile:

I would absolutely hate a question on women omg we haven't looked at that at all, but I've got CCEA Frankenstein on Wednesday too and I would love a question to do with the monster, like if he is responsible for own downfall or if he can be pitied etc
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by sarah.mcm
I would absolutely hate a question on women omg we haven't looked at that at all, but I've got CCEA Frankenstein on Wednesday too and I would love a question to do with the monster, like if he is responsible for own downfall or if he can be pitied etc

Honestly nobody knows with ccea anymore, they always go against our predictions :frown:
Honestly nobody knows with ccea anymore, they always go against our predictions :frown:

I know ugh, part of me feels like there's no other character they could ask a full question on besides the monster, and considering he didn't come up last year as a standalone then maybe?? But I get you, CCEA is so hard to deal with, literally I've no idea :frown:

It's insane I wish we were on AQA/OCR they seem so much better ahahhaah
I have moving image the morning of English so I might just leave learning quotes to the 2 hour gap I have lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending