The Student Room Group

How often do you read?

So this is a follow up question from my previous thread, “Reading books: is it worth it”. I never have time to read but I want to know how much time everyone else spends doing this. Would love to know!

Scroll to see replies

I don't read novels or books or things like that because I find that it's hard to stick to doing something I don't enjoy. However, I do enjoy reading forums and articles so I think it counts as reading.
Reply 2
For entertainment purposes: No
Reply 3
Yes.
Often. This evening I started my 37th book of 2018. I don't feel like I spend very much of my time reading though in the grand scheme of things.
Haven't read any proper books since my extended project last year but I'll be getting back into over the summer and during my degree (not least because I have to).
Original post by UWS
Yes.

Well, I don't read at the moment (and haven't for 3 or 4 months) because of my GCSEs. But normally 4 or 5 hours a day, I will continue this when my GCSEs finish. I read the same book (Moonwalk - Michael Jackson's autobiography) every time I read, I read it twice a day normally.
Reply 8
Original post by sinfonietta
Often. This evening I started my 37th book of 2018. I don't feel like I spend very much of my time reading though in the grand scheme of things.

Amazing! How often does it usually take you to read, say, an 100-page novel?
Reply 9
Original post by Darkesio

Where did you find this gif of me?
Original post by sinfonietta

Fortunately for you, that's more books than 99% of people read.
Original post by UWS
Where did you find this gif of me?

Don't let this distract you from the fact that you replied "Yes" to the question "How often do you read?"
Reply 12
Don't let this distract you from the fact that you replied "Yes" to the question "How often do you read?"

It's a joke but clearly it was a crap one.
Original post by UWS
It's a joke but clearly it was a crap one.

Ah my bad.
Reply 14

Hahahahaaha

Oh wait...
I pretty much did the same thing except unironically. :nopity:
Original post by reinainoue
Amazing! How often does it usually take you to read, say, an 100-page novel?

I don't really know. :dontknow: I usually just pick up my Kindle and read a chapter here and there throughout the day. It goes with me everywhere.
Reply 16
Always got something on the go, have to owing to work/thesis writing.
i read manga ...its reading right ?
other than that i cant stand how fat a book is i'll either stop in the middle coz im bored or coz of the extravagant use of vocabulary that my tiny brain cant understand and is tired of looking up wat it means
I'm slowly getting back into reading, I used to read everyday when I was about 14 - 16, but now I have lost interest in a lot of things, including reading. I'm currently reading The help to help me get back into reading, but I seem to only read it at work because, eh.
I read often, maybe afew chapters a week

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending