The Student Room Group

Talking her out of islam

So i've been with my girlfriend for about a year now, she's muslim. This is the month where muslims celebrate ramadan and because of this she stopped seeing me. We barely talk and when we do she's always quiet and doesn't speak.
She's never like this and she's even started wearing the headscarf again, it's so frustrating because it took us so long for her to stop wearing it and now our efforts have gone to waste.
She's smart but i don't understand why she acts like this.
remember u can't force ur stuff on to her its her choice
dont take this offensively
Original post by Anonymous
So i've been with my girlfriend for about a year now, she's muslim. This is the month where muslims celebrate ramadan and because of this she stopped seeing me. We barely talk and when we do she's always quiet and doesn't speak.
She's never like this and she's even started wearing the headscarf again, it's so frustrating because it took us so long for her to stop wearing it and now our efforts have gone to waste.

Driving her out of her religion will probably tear her apart from her family and if you actually feel for her will push through thus with her not try to convince her to stop
As a guy raised in a Muslim family she's probably just doing it to keep her parents happy and off her back which in turn could be affecting her mood and making her less talkative. Wait until Ramadan is over and see if things go back to normal then.
If she wants to be more religious, then allow her to be. If you can't cope with that, then break up with her. If she wants to leave you or have a break, respect her wishes. Stop trying to force her to stop practising her religion because your stripping her of what is a part of her. If she is going back to become so, then good for her.
Please respect her enough to accept her religion. Trying to force anyone out of their religion just because it suits you better is awful.

I can understand why you're angry, but it's very selfish of you to try and 'talk her out of her religion'. If you truly care about her, let her do what she wants. It's her choice.
this is a lil selfish don't ya think
maybe talk to her about it instead of whining

and at the end of the day you should respect her choices :smile::smile::smile:
The way this question is phrased is wrong in itself. You shouldnt try and talk someone out of their religion. If you think that its not right then ok thats ur opinion, but dont try force it on her. If she wants to be more religious then leave her be. Also, I'm pretty sure you can accept saying 'She's smart but i don't understand why she acts like this.' is a bit offensive to other muslims.

I smell troll :biggrin:
Original post by bones-mccoy
Please respect her enough to accept her religion. Trying to force anyone out of their religion just because it suits you better is awful.

Oh my god you're everywhere...
Original post by cloroxdude
Oh my god you're everywhere...

Yep hahaha omnipresent
Original post by bones-mccoy
Yep hahaha omnipresent

tbh I wouldn't be surprised if there's a thread dedicated to you at this point.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending