The Student Room Group

Wanna report/sue edexcel for C1 break

Before haters jump on me I wanna just say that I found the paper alright and did okay, however there was a question that was NOT on the C1 specification, rather it was from C2. Most people on here are academically smarter and would have gotten the answer right but wont it be unfair to the people who didn't? Either way they broke the rules, so how we gon' take em down?
Original post by ioWolfdinii
Before haters jump on me I wanna just say that I found the paper alright and did okay, however there was a question that was NOT on the C1 specification, rather it was from C2. Most people on here are academically smarter and would have gotten the answer right but wont it be unfair to the people who didn't? Either way they broke the rules, so how we gon' take em down?

Speak with your maths teacher and go from there.

You can complain.
if you wnat to sue then you will need to find a lawyer and instruct them to start proceedings against the exam board.
Original post by 999tigger
You can complain.
if you wnat to sue then you will need to find a lawyer and instruct them to start proceedings against the exam board.

Where do I make the complaint,, cant find it online
Original post by Kevin De Bruyne
Speak with your maths teacher and go from there.

Hmn, alright, Because I asked him and he said it wasn't C1 knowledge

It's going to be hard to do that, and even if they did make a mistake it would have to be brought up for them to do anything about it, if you think you done alright as well then it's really not worth the hassle, even if you won you wouldn't get loads, they're an exam board not just a company.
I know this is different but in my gcse biology exam there was a topic in the paper which was only supposed to be on second paper, and there was more than one question linked to it too, and same happened with triple but with a different topic, furthermore, in the spec it specifically said students didn't need to know about something but they asked a question about it, yes it's unfair but they are allowed to do it.

You don't need to report them or sue them.
If there is an error on the paper you can guarantee that many schools have brought it to the attention of Edexcel and they will adjust grade boundaries if necessary to compensate for the error.
Which question do you believe tested C2 knowledge?
Where do I make the complaint,, cant find it online

https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/contact-us/feedback-and-complaints.html
Original post by gdunne42
If there is an error on the paper you can guarantee that many schools have brought it to the attention of Edexcel and they will adjust grade boundaries if necessary to compensate for the error.

I believe it was question 5, part c when f(x)=k
I saw that type of question while revising for C2 and didn't come across anything like that in C1. Or am i mistaken? Because I definitely saw it in C2 papers and the specification states that no knowledge of other modules is required.
Original post by Iahmed512
It's going to be hard to do that, and even if they did make a mistake it would have to be brought up for them to do anything about it, if you think you done alright as well then it's really not worth the hassle, even if you won you wouldn't get loads, they're an exam board not just a company.
I know this is different but in my gcse biology exam there was a topic in the paper which was only supposed to be on second paper, and there was more than one question linked to it too, and same happened with triple but with a different topic, furthermore, in the spec it specifically said students didn't need to know about something but they asked a question about it, yes it's unfair but they are allowed to do it.

Hmn maybe :frown:
That sucks, they're out to get us >:frown:
Yeah I hear them messing up gcse science questions a lot
I'm not even looking for money they best just not make an A 74/75
oh be quiet you whiny entitled brat. You're retaking anyway, so you should know C2 too.
Original post by gdunne42

Q5, Hmn, maybe so but I doubt they may because many people apparently did well, so idk if it's just me tbh
Q5, Hmn, maybe so but I doubt they may because many people apparently did well, so idk if it's just me tbh

I think its just you tbh.
There is nothing in that 2 mark question that someone with C1 knowledge and assumed knowledge from GCSE should not be able to do.
You need to know that y=k where k is a constant is a horizontal line (GCSE)
You need to know what an asymptote is (C1 if not before)
You need to understand what a turning point is (GCSE and should have come up when revising completing the square to find maximum and minimum points on a quadratic curve)
I don't think you are going to have any joy either with a complaint to Edexcel or any attempt at legal action.
(edited 5 years ago)
Hmn maybe :frown:
That sucks, they're out to get us >:frown:
Yeah I hear them messing up gcse science questions a lot
I'm not even looking for money they best just not make an A 74/75

They try to make it hard but they don't intentionally try to make it so everyone can t get it right though.
I know you're exaggerating but the grade boundaries won't be that high although one of the maths papers last year did have something close-72/75 for an A*
Original post by rhaegar442
oh be quiet you whiny entitled brat. You're retaking anyway, so you should know C2 too.

Aaaaand, no tsr thread is ever complete without a snide know it all who think they're above others as they don't face issues. You should take your advice and learn to stfu if you have nothing to contribute it wasn't by force to comment so piss off mate. And who said i didn't, did you even see the question. Infact bog off mate your useless reply isn't needed here.
Original post by Iahmed512
They try to make it hard but they don't intentionally try to make it so everyone can t get it right though.
I know you're exaggerating but the grade boundaries won't be that high although one of the maths papers last year did have something close-72/75 for an A*

Hmn, ik but a lot of people are saying they'll be really high this year (doing C1 so there's no A*) because last year was about 63 for an A even though a lot of people found it tough

Quick Reply

Latest