The Student Room Group

Why are overweight women so torn down by men?

Because they aren’t.

It is true that a majority of men don’t find fat women attractive. But there is a stark difference between someone refusing to date you and someone subjecting you to fatphobic bullying. And I believe most men don’t go around calling obese women names and bullying them.

You are not owed a date or a relationship, and if someone rejects your romantic advances for any reason, then you should move on and pursue someone who likes you instead of thinking of yourself as a victim. This applies to everyone, men and women, tall or short and fat or thin.
Hear hear
Reply 2
Woah, you blew my mind by having that title and a logical post underneath it
Original post by Wolfram Alpha

You are not owed a date or a relationship, and if someone rejects your romantic advances for any reason, then you should move on and pursue someone who likes you instead of thinking of yourself as a victim. This applies to everyone, men and women, tall or short and fat or thin.

I only wish all the incels / red pillers would accept this and stop clogging up the internet with tales of how everyone else is to blame for their sexual failures.
Reply 4
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
Because they aren’t.

It is true that a majority of men don’t find fat women attractive. But there is a stark difference between someone refusing to date you and someone subjecting you to fatphobic bullying. And I believe most men don’t go around calling obese women names and bullying them.

Or just lose weight. You can complain about "body shaming" or my being "fatphobic" but if you're fat then you're not healthy and most likely not attractive - end of story. So if men are turning you down because you're fat, stop whinging about it and just lose the ****ing weight.
Reply 5
Original post by bigcock10000
because they eat all the food so a sustainable relationship is quite hard. Also, their fannies are undiscoverable
Can confirm, have slept with a whale.
Original post by Tootles

:laugh:
The only time i ever fat shamed someone was when i was in a grumpy mood and was skinny shamed. Rubbed me the wrong way that she could be so delusional to think being obese was healthy and 'sexy' but me being in the lower range of my expected weight category was the issue that she had to publicly announce.

But otherwise i wouldn't mention it not only is it totally rude but i know how weight shaming made me feel and i regret doing it myself even once. Much easier to use an innocent lie like i'm sorry im really into someone else or some **** like that.
Meh if someone doesn't like someone due to them being fat then that is choice and the other person should just realise that. I mean you can't expect everything in life, you must be real spoiled to think you can have the best when you are not. I mean I have seen comments saying lose the weight but that is just stupid. It really depends on the person. Some people get real lucky with how their body works. I mean my sister eats way more unhealthily than me and just lies down all day and she is not fat. I am trying to do something about my weight and I feel that you just need a lot of willpower. Some people can't lose weight as easy as others. Some people gain weight due to medical conditions which is out of their reach.
Reply 9
Original post by monkeyman0121
Meh if someone doesn't like someone due to them being fat then that is choice and the other person should just realise that. I mean you can't expect everything in life, you must be real spoiled to think you can have the best when you are not. I mean I have seen comments saying lose the weight but that is just stupid. It really depends on the person. Some people get real lucky with how their body works. I mean my sister eats way more unhealthily than me and just lies down all day and she is not fat. I am trying to do something about my weight and I feel that you just need a lot of willpower. Some people can't lose weight as easy as others. Some people gain weight due to medical conditions which is out of their reach.

I suggest finding out what your BMR is if you haven't already - if you know how many calories you burn by just existing then you'll have a baseline to work out how much you should be eating in a day.
Good luck OP :smile:
Short men are torn down by women
Difference is you can change your weight.
Although I don't think people should be bullied for anything.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 11
The real question is why you lot care so much to make and reply to threads about this shite every 3 days.
Original post by Fujoshi
I suggest finding out what your BMR is if you haven't already - if you know how many calories you burn by just existing then you'll have a baseline to work out how much you should be eating in a day.
Good luck OP :smile:

I have researched this and I am to stick to it.
Original post by Tootles

whales gonna whale
Let's be honest, though: fatphobic insults, when administered both strategically and tactfully, will ultimately help a fat person in the long run.

(Pun intended, I suppose.)
Original post by Tootles

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending