The Student Room Group

Diagnose me? Help please.

So I'm starting to feel weird. I feel light headed/ill.
Last couple of hours I've felt 'that feeling' you get when you feel an illness on the horizon. Throat extremely dry, despite drinking a decent amount throughout the day. I'm studying so I try and keep on top of that.

Headache type feeling. Head feels heavy, throat feels as if there is an apple in it, hard to swallow. No pain though, not a sore throat at all. Something doesn't feel right.

I've tried to associate it with my ear, as I fear I may have an ear infection. It feels slightly blocked. I know because when you click your jaw, you feel your ears almost 'click'. My left ear does, my right doesn't. It doesn't hurt, but something definitely doesn't feel right. I heard Vertigo has similar symptoms.

Right now I take medicine, I had 300mg of Modafinil with 58mg of Concerta. For ADHD. Concerta is daily, modafinil is one alternating every 2/3 days. Not sure if it's relevant, but just want all backstory if it helps some sort of diagnosis.

I have been dieting recently, I may be nutrient deficient. Not a fully nutritious diet by any means, but I still eat a decent amount. Just in regulation.

My sense of balance seems a little off. Sluggish, tired.

It could be my medication wearing off as it does tend to happen around now, as I took the medicine 11-12 hours ago, but the only thing swaying me away from that possibility was that I never felt like this before, hence why I find this weird, unusual feeling I've never felt before.

I know this is the TSR, but I wanted to see an instant response as I know this place is quick. If you know any medical forums that reply quickly that would be helpful if you redirected me if you don't have the knowledge to diagnose like this.
Reply 1
BUMP
Go make GP appointment? Sounds complicated.
Reply 3
Could be a variety of different things such as a bad reaction to your medication or anxiety. There are certain tests and procedures that can be done to rule out a large portion of the many many things that it could be, but for that you should consult an educated doctor. Here, you’ll probably get about 50 different antidotal answers or from people with no medical education nor testing apparatus what so ever. Good luck and get well soon. Oh and prey that it’s not cancer.
Reply 4
Original post by Itellya
Could be a variety of different things such as a bad reaction to your medication or anxiety. There are certain tests and procedures that can be done to rule out a large portion of the many many things that it could be, but for that you should consult an educated doctor. Here, you’ll probably get about 50 different antidotal answers or from people with no medical education nor testing apparatus what so ever. Good luck and get well soon. Oh and prey that it’s not cancer.

Gr8 advice m8! 8/8!
I think its probably lupus.
Reply 6
Original post by Itellya

I pray all the time when I think it's cancer haha. I have had extreme stress and anxiety because of exams, especially today. I may have also not eaten much at all come to think of it.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
I pray all the time when I think it's cancer haha. I have had extreme stress and anxiety because of exams, especially today. I may have also not eaten much at all come to think of it.

Makes perfect sense to me!

You should take some rest whilst you can and see if you’re feeling any better when ya next wake up. If ya wake up :wink:
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
So I'm starting to feel weird. I feel light headed/ill.
Last couple of hours I've felt 'that feeling' you get when you feel an illness on the horizon. Throat extremely dry, despite drinking a decent amount throughout the day. I'm studying so I try and keep on top of that.

Headache type feeling. Head feels heavy, throat feels as if there is an apple in it, hard to swallow. No pain though, not a sore throat at all. Something doesn't feel right.

I've tried to associate it with my ear, as I fear I may have an ear infection. It feels slightly blocked. I know because when you click your jaw, you feel your ears almost 'click'. My left ear does, my right doesn't. It doesn't hurt, but something definitely doesn't feel right. I heard Vertigo has similar symptoms.

Right now I take medicine, I had 300mg of Modafinil with 58mg of Concerta. For ADHD. Concerta is daily, modafinil is one alternating every 2/3 days. Not sure if it's relevant, but just want all backstory if it helps some sort of diagnosis.

I have been dieting recently, I may be nutrient deficient. Not a fully nutritious diet by any means, but I still eat a decent amount. Just in regulation.

My sense of balance seems a little off. Sluggish, tired.

It could be my medication wearing off as it does tend to happen around now, as I took the medicine 11-12 hours ago, but the only thing swaying me away from that possibility was that I never felt like this before, hence why I find this weird, unusual feeling I've never felt before.

I know this is the TSR, but I wanted to see an instant response as I know this place is quick. If you know any medical forums that reply quickly that would be helpful if you redirected me if you don't have the knowledge to diagnose like this.

Nobody on here is able to actually diagnose you (we're either not qualified or it would be unethical if we were). To me though it sounds like you might just be getting a nasty cold/ flu like thing.
I would pop into or call a pharmacy to ask for some advice and if you start feeling really unwell you can call your GP surgery to book an appointment, go to a walk-in clinic or call 111.

If you're worried nutrition might be playing a part you could start eating more nutritious stuff or get some multi vitamins.

I really would not worry about it being anything serious or long term right now. Just take care of yourself, keep an eye on it and if it gets bad enough that you feel like you need help or it doesn't go away after a week or so see some sort of doctor.

Quick Reply

Latest