The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by warraichemaan8
I was recently offered a place at Dr Challoner's for Sixth Form and want to know if anyone on TSR knows what it's like to join dchs at year 12 instead of year 7 and if the girls are friendly towards newbies?!
Thank you
xxx

Which school are you moving from? It's all girls - I've heard they can be b*tchy?
Original post by Muttley79
Which school are you moving from? It's all girls - I've heard they can be b*tchy?

yh its all girls but not to bad, do u go to Challoners?
yh its all girls but not to bad, do u go to Challoners?

No, I'm a teacher but I know a couple of people who teach there. Why do you want to move there?
(edited 6 years ago)
challenors just seems better but i dont know anyone :frown:
challenors just seems better but i dont know anyone :frown:

Where else have you looked?
Reply 6
challoner's is so good, I go there and people aren't that b*tchy - they're so nice!!! x
Original post by f1fanx
challoner's is so good, I go there and people aren't that b*tchy - they're so nice!!! x

thats so awseome! what yr r u in if u dont mind me asking?
Reply 8
I'm in yr11 u?
Original post by f1fanx
I'm in yr11 u?

omg yr 11 aswell, how r gcses going? is the teaching pretty good at challoners?
Strange name for a school
Reply 11
omg yr 11 aswell, how r gcses going? is the teaching pretty good at challoners?

They're acc rlly good, feel prepared for them bc the teaching is good especially for the ones I take. how ur gcses?
im not rly sure, you know when you leave an exam and you just don't know how it went ?
this is random, but if someone joined challoners at sixth form do you think people would be nice to them and it would be easy to make friends?
good luck with physics tomorrow!
Reply 13
im not rly sure, you know when you leave an exam and you just don't know how it went ?
this is random, but if someone joined challoners at sixth form do you think people would be nice to them and it would be easy to make friends?
good luck with physics tomorrow!

yeah they would be once your not rude and b*tchy - people there are very friendly as well!
thanks so much for all the info i feel so much less scared now :u:
r u going to the Sixth Form Induction Day on Tuesday 19th June? im going but im actually pretty nervous cause i don't know anyone yet, also how have your exams been so far? English was brutal for me
I was recently offered a place at Dr Challoner's for Sixth Form and want to know if anyone on TSR knows what it's like to join dchs at year 12 instead of year 7 and if the girls are friendly towards newbies?!
Thank you
xxx

Hi,

I know this is really late but I'm just about to leave Challoner's. I just finished year 13 and I joined in the sixth form too two years ago and I think it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Feel free to ask me any questions you have!
Hi there, I received an offer from Dr challoners and I’m thinking of it as a potential sixth form. I am an external student and I’m wondering if externals are given the same opportunities as internal students. For example if there’s a Head boy election would Internal students be more favoured?
Reply 17
hello i've just left challoners and in my year the head girl wasn't new - shes been their since yr13 but other roles such as being on the head girl team were held by new sixth form students. so no internal students aren't favoured. stand out for the good reasons and you'll have a good chance x

Original post by Harshdoshi
Hi there, I received an offer from Dr challoners and I’m thinking of it as a potential sixth form. I am an external student and I’m wondering if externals are given the same opportunities as internal students. For example if there’s a Head boy election would Internal students be more favoured?
Original post by f1fanx
hello i've just left challoners and in my year the head girl wasn't new - shes been their since yr13 but other roles such as being on the head girl team were held by new sixth form students. so no internal students aren't favoured. stand out for the good reasons and you'll have a good chance x

Thank you so much for your response. I had a few more questions about how the school helps for oxbridge applicants? Do they have interview practice workshops and guest speakers? And are there other opportunities given to students such as work experience that are unique to Dr Challoners?
Reply 19
Original post by Harshdoshi
Thank you so much for your response. I had a few more questions about how the school helps for oxbridge applicants? Do they have interview practice workshops and guest speakers? And are there other opportunities given to students such as work experience that are unique to Dr Challoners?

They have sessions just for them which gives them the confidence to apply and the knowledge to answer interview question. We have lecture series every week where we get guest speakers in from different careers to speak for an hour. At the beginning of year 12 you have a practice interview workshop and in yr13 your form tutors will help you with them by giving you mock interviews. They do provide you with work experience if you don't have any - just ask the career's advisor or head of year.
If you have anymore questions direct message me, I'd be happy to help x

Latest