The Student Room Group

Grindinnnn sooo hhaaaarrddd right now

Im putting in those 6 hours sessions daily...thinking of rampening it up to 10 hours sessions from trmw...

Who is with me? Or whats you guys strategy
Original post by Realitysreflexx
Im putting in those 6 hours sessions daily...thinking of rampening it up to 10 hours sessions from trmw...

It's possible with good habits, strong motivation, breaks etc. but it might burn you out quickly. There's also power to spaced repetition, so it might be good to try to absorb a large amount of information, and then wait a bit, and then go at it again.

I wish I was doing more work daily like you. Good luck!!
Original post by LuminousRain
It's possible with good habits, strong motivation, breaks etc. but it might burn you out quickly. There's also power to spaced repetition, so it might be good to try to absorb a large amount of information, and then wait a bit, and then go at it again.

I wish I was doing more work daily like you. Good luck!!

Yeaa fair point, i think 6 hours a day is a decent amount :smile: still have 8 days till the exam, maybe just the last two ill go insanely long.
10 is probably overkill, unless you're horribly behind. Which you shouldn't be if you've been doing 6 a day for a while.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
10 is probably overkill, unless you're horribly behind. Which you shouldn't be if you've been doing 6 a day for a while.

About 2 weeks now, im not behind im likely ahead....i think? Im not sure, you never really do know until after the exam, im also not one to finish revising until after an exam....so...yeah. Those 10 hrs before hand have nothing to do with my level of preparation, and everything to do with my level of dedication!
I've done 7 hours today ... although I would say 4-5 hours of actual studying due to breaks,wasting time. Currently doing an all nighter (my exams not till June).

Daily schedule is preety much wake up go to school as early as possible go to lessons ( no study leave yet), then after school its off to the library, then usually revision sometime in the evening. The GRIND IS real
(edited 5 years ago)
my exams tommorow and i havent studied shish lol
I do 14 hours straight where i get about 2 hours of work done.

A-level?
I'M ON THAT GRIND AS WELL.
WE CAN STAY HERE AND GET THE SHIIITTT KICKED OUT OF US OR... WE CAN FIGHT OUR WAY BACK... INTO THE LIGHT.
Good luck to everyone
Original post by SuperHuman98
I've done 7 hours today ... although I would say 4-5 hours of actual studying due to breaks,wasting time. Currently doing an all nighter (my exams not till June).

Daily schedule is preety much wake up go to school as early as possible go to lessons ( no study leave yet), then after school its off to the library, then usually revision sometime in the evening. The GRIND IS real

A Levels what are you aiming for i guess your offer is high :smile:
Original post by blackrain
my exams tommorow and i havent studied shish lol

Well.....you might be an apprenticeship type person :smile: thats fine!
Reply 11
'tmake

If you make it active revision aka. fun, you can do it for longer I feel. Spread it out also, into sessions. Make it interactive, as it also helps memory rather than just reading. You won't be watching the clock so much. You'll be more involved.

Wha helped me realise this was a video. A man said:

"allow me to ask you to visualize a polar bear, what do you see? Do you see the two separate words 'Polar bear' in your mind, or do you visualize an image that you associate to that of a bear? I'd think you'd find you had more often than not imaged it, and this is because your mind remembers things much better visually. So when learning, make it visually stimulating. Do it on a whiteboard for example, make it big with colors. Or use mind maps. However, reading will not stimulate the mind. So remember that"
Original post by assassinbunny123
A-level?
I'M ON THAT GRIND AS WELL.
WE CAN STAY HERE AND GET THE SHIIITTT KICKED OUT OF US OR... WE CAN FIGHT OUR WAY BACK... INTO THE LIGHT.
Good luck to everyone

I feel the A level grind...

But im on that Level 4 grind on the Qualifications framework...

Also known as Year 1 in more publicly known terms lol.
Original post by tomnelson_
I do 14 hours straight where i get about 2 hours of work done.

Thats always the struggle, i used to trick myself by going to the library, but now ive developed a system of avoiding work at uni lol, costa, off to see a m8 lol...oh nice weather "switching libraries" lol but ive been well focused the last weeks tbf.
A Levels what are you aiming for i guess your offer is high :smile:

My uni gave me a lower offer for my course, I only need AAB but I am personally aiming for A*AA :smile:
Original post by SuperHuman98
My uni gave me a lower offer for my course, I only need AAB but I am personally aiming for A*AA :smile:

Lol nice of the uni...either way, uni is a breeze. At least in first year, just the coursework the marking is soo moody at the beginning, you will have to deal with getting the odd 40-50 lol. I got slapped with a 45 but have been consistently at a 2:1 since then.

Quick Reply

Latest