The Student Room Group

How hard is it to switch from console to PC

I'm a competitive gamer on console, (top 0.3% fortnite) and other games, but i was wondering, would i lose all my skill if i went on PC, would it be easier to get used to and how long would it take me to get used to it.
Moved to Gaming
Reply 2
Original post by haxhacks
I'm a competitive gamer on console, (top 0.3% fortnite) and other games, but i was wondering, would i lose all my skill if i went on PC, would it be easier to get used to and how long would it take me to get used to it.

If that's the case why do you want to change?
Maybe at the beginning of switching over you'd be at a disadvantage - having to relearn the positions of controls, but you'd probably get back into it really easily and might even find aiming easier due to using a mouse. (Also you could use a control on PC if you wanted).

Who says you have to completely stop gaming on the console? :smile: You can always go back to it every now and then, when you get bored with PC gaming. And yes you can also connect a controller to PCs if you prefer them to the keyboard. The Switch Pro Controller is compatible with PC.
Reply 4
Not hard if you can type without looking too much at the keyboard
A lot of "video game" skill is in addition to mechanical movement, so I wouldn't worry too much if your awareness, reaction times, mindgames, game-reading, etc. are up to scratch.

If you're decent on console, given a few hours/days of adjustment to a new control scheme, you should be competent enough to do okay. Maybe a bit longer to get to where you 'should' be. KBM has a habit of magnifying things -- so if you're good, it'll make you great and if you're bad, you'll be terrible. If you're on the 'good' end, you'll probably find you'll do even better due to KBM allowing more inputs and fat better accuracy than any pad could ever provide.
You will lose all your leet skillz and will be forced to actually play games for fun and the experience rather than a feeling of self-worth due to a lack thereof.
Aiming with move and moving with keyboard is quite different to two joysticks. Generally, with practice mouse aiming is better but it'll take a bit of time to learn to make full use of it. Lots of games on PC have controller support tho so it's w/e.

It is generally not worth making a big switch just to play the exact same games via a different medium.
not very

Nope, you'll just find people on PC perform much better than those on consoles. It's worth it, PC has so much more better games than what you're limited to on console.
Reply 10
You'll still have a good reaction speed, which is my downfall when playing video games. It will maybe be a bit difficult to get used to at first, but as long as you're computer literate it shouldn't take too long to get used to. I really struggle using joysticks for first person shooters and find a mouse and keyboard really easy in comparison.
Just use a controller with your PC. You'll never want to touch a console again.

The main difference is getting used to a keyboard and mouse unless the game you want to play supports controller inputs. Also getting used to using Steam to buy games
Original post by TinyPizza256
The main difference is getting used to a keyboard and mouse unless the game you want to play supports controller inputs. Also getting used to using Steam to buy games

The person you're replying to hasn't logged in for over 2 years...
I don't know about hard but its good to switch from condole to pc
Original post by jacksonsmith1
I don't know about hard but its good to switch from condole to pc

Alright, **** this guy.

I don't care if you reply to old topics thinking the person's still on the website let alone will see your reply, but you're not even answering the questions. Spam.

Oh wait, it's a different account? Bet it's the same guy.
(edited 2 years ago)

it wont make a difference if you use a gamming pad instead if you have a good gamming pc then it will be more easier
Original post by saifkiddan
it wont make a difference if you use a gamming pad instead if you have a good gamming pc then it will be more easier

shoot i again replied an old thread

it really depends on the pc you get if you get a good one that runs smoother than the console itll be easier for you as youll have a higher fps and better graphics

Quick Reply

Latest