The Student Room Group

OCR B Geography Paper 1

How did you find it? I thought it went great :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

I really liked the physical fieldwork question and the Borneo case study
Reply 2
Original post by teddybearlucy
I really liked the physical fieldwork question and the Borneo case study

I don't do Borneo for a case study, which question was that for?
I thought that it was rather easy but lots of my year said that they struggled so I hope that means that the grade boundaries are low.
Original post by eboobond
I don't do Borneo for a case study, which question was that for?

tropical rainforest and one way in which it is being sustainably managed
Reply 5
tropical rainforest and one way in which it is being sustainably managed[
We do Costa Rica at our school - it was such a nice question!
Some people in my year didnt even know the names of the case studies!
Reply 7
Original post by Kakemono
I thought that it was rather easy but lots of my year said that they struggled so I hope that means that the grade boundaries are low.

Yeah a few people in my year found the questions quite ambiguous, after reading them a few times it became clear. I think i got about 80%, maybe a bit more? Hopefully the grade boundaries are nice
Reply 8
I wrote only Samsati Nature Retreat on the line but didn't write Costa Rica, is that bad??
I hated the questions on graphs like describe the pattern of the temperature change. What did you guys put? I literally wrote a page for a 4 marker to try and cop some marks.

I also didn’t like the question about el nino
Yeah they were bad I just wrote that in intervals of about 50000 years the temp increased then decreased probably cuz it was a medical warm period but I'm not too sure if that's right
Reply 11
Original post by A.Rehaan
I wrote only Samsati Nature Retreat on the line but didn't write Costa Rica, is that bad??

No, every school has different case studies. I'm pretty sure Samsati is completely right, some of the classes at my school used this rather than MonteVerde. They are basically the same thing
Reply 12
Original post by Mosope17
I hated the questions on graphs like describe the pattern of the temperature change. What did you guys put? I literally wrote a page for a 4 marker to try and cop some marks.

I also didn’t like the question about el nino

Yeah that graph was pretty messed up, the El Nino one was alright I think - could have been a lot harder!
Reply 13
Some people in my year didnt even know the names of the case studies!

Jesus!!
No, every school has different case studies. I'm pretty sure Samsati is completely right, some of the classes at my school used this rather than MonteVerde. They are basically the same thing

Yeah ur right, thank you 😊
i didnt get the question on a drainage basin so i just wrote river Thames and just described how it was formed and added erosion and a **** load of stuff into it lol and how stupid am i for the sustainable rainforest i wrote about how the Amazon rainforest is getting sustainable now and i just wrote a **** load of stuff for that aswell but those were the only 2 questions i messed up on ughhh and what pisses me off more is that i wrote Costa Rica first and then crossed it out aghhhh f my life
Reply 16
Original post by lilly_xx12345
i didnt get the question on a drainage basin so i just wrote river Thames and just described how it was formed and added erosion and a **** load of stuff into it lol and how stupid am i for the sustainable rainforest i wrote about how the Amazon rainforest is getting sustainable now and i just wrote a **** load of stuff for that aswell but those were the only 2 questions i messed up on ughhh and what pisses me off more is that i wrote Costa Rica first and then crossed it out aghhhh f my life

Don't worry about it! You can't change it now and you never know, every other answer may have been spot on!!
Don't worry about it! You can't change it now and you never know, every other answer may have been spot on!!

thank you xxx
Reply 18
That temperature graph symbolised the quaternary period, and you just had to identify the interglacial and glacial periods.

Ngl that exam was decent but fqed up on that river basin 6 marker since i didnt have time to revise distinctive landscapes.... (english lit took most of my revision time)
Original post by Mxsti
That temperature graph symbolised the quaternary period, and you just had to identify the interglacial and glacial periods.

Ngl that exam was decent but fqed up on that river basin 6 marker since i didnt have time to revise distinctive landscapes.... (english lit took most of my revision time)

omg loool exactly the sameee xx

Quick Reply

Latest