The Student Room Group

GCSE Geography Edexcel B exam

How do you think it went? .....

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I found it hard.
Original post by Pintsize21
How do you think it went? .....

First of all, what the heck iss topography???? And yh, that was hard like u cannot BELIEVE
Reply 3
Q on megacity ???
Original post by KawaiiCupcake
First of all, what the heck iss topography???? And yh, that was hard like u cannot BELIEVE

The topography is the geographical layout of the land and any features (mountains/rivers) i just wrote about how the Himalayas prevented trade with China, limiting economic growth.
Reply 5
Original post by wflaherty_
The topography is the geographical layout of the land and any features (mountains/rivers) i just wrote about how the Himalayas prevented trade with China, limiting economic growth.

I didn't liken it to a case study but just said that high, isolated and rural areas would be less capable of trade than the coast which would reduce economic development.

I didn't have time to finish the paper because in the last three minutes I found another 8 mark question! It was huge and in my opinion, much harder than the specimen.
Reply 6
Original post by vrm99
I found it hard.

I'm the same!
I thought it would be okay but am really upset with my performance.

So many unused case studies! I wanted to talk about Bangladesh :s-smilie:
You could also talk about how highland areas limit acssecbility for transport ect
Finally! people who do edexcel b. nah but seriously that exam was something else. I just don't know how to feel about it tbh :s-smilie:
Reply 9
Original post by Fazzy_77
Finally! people who do edexcel b. nah but seriously that exam was something else. I just don't know how to feel about it tbh :s-smilie:

Sounds like the AQA exam was a dream and that Edexcel a was much better.

Hopefully the other papers will be better...
I had English Literature this morning so by the afternoon I was zonked!
Sounds like the AQA exam was a dream and that Edexcel a was much better.

Hopefully the other papers will be better...
I had English Literature this morning so by the afternoon I was zonked!

yeah I had eng lit too. my hand is hurting so much after those two exams today. i actually hate paper 2 of geography so I'm dreading it.
Reply 11
Who wrote what for the last question on sustainability?

Soundz lyk Edexel A woz much betta.

What's the difference between Edexcel A and B?
Original post by Fazzy_77

Really? I thought that paper was very similar to the specimen and had no problem with it. Ik It's after English lit, but its the same for everyone...
i feel i will get grade 5/6

I wrote about Mumbai:
- Vision Mumbai
- Lok Seva Sagamhealth
- Versova Beach Cleanup

, Evaluating the effectiveness of each strategy as I went
Really? I thought that paper was very similar to the specimen and had no problem with it. Ik It's after English lit, but its the same for everyone...

well it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, considering the fact that we didn't even finish challenges of an urbanising world and I had to teach myself about 80% of the course.
I thought it was fine, no problems
Original post by nk02

I wrote about Mumbai:
- Vision Mumbai
- Lok Seva Sagamhealth
- Versova Beach Cleanup

, Evaluating the effectiveness of each strategy as I went

What was you say were the hardest questions on that test. What were the 8 markers again ?
i have a mock on this in two weeks what were the major questions
Hey I've got my mock tomorrow did you find out what the major questions were and what case studies you had to use? Did you have to use any of the theories like the sunspot and eruption theory?

Quick Reply

Latest