The Student Room Group

AQA AS Chemistry Paper 1 & Paper 2 2018 Predictions?

I've got a question for everyone who does A-Level Chemistry. Can you guys predict what's possibly going to come up this year's AQA AS Chemistry Paper 1 & Paper 2 2018.

I think like bonding, amount of substances, and half equations would come up as they do come up for every paper that was released.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MyBoyLuxio
I've got a question for everyone who does A-Level Chemistry. Can you guys predict what's possibly going to come up this year's AQA AS Chemistry Paper 1 & Paper 2 2018.

I think like bonding, amount of substances, and half equations would come up as they do come up for every paper that was released.

I think Mass spectrometry will definetly come up
maybe the titration practical as well
In almost every paper, there is a titration calculation question. So I expect one will make an appearance! They are usually 3/4 markers as well which is pretty decent :smile:
No one has really been part of these discussions this year

Good luck on the exam
Reply 5
How’d you guys find the paper? I thought it was really hard with only a few decent questions ☹️
Original post by niimbus
How’d you guys find the paper? I thought it was really hard with only a few decent questions ☹️

It was awful :frown: could only do like 3 of the questions and nothing we had actually learnt this year was even on it
Reply 7
Original post by sairamadoodo
It was awful :frown: could only do like 3 of the questions and nothing we had actually learnt this year was even on it

Do you remember what you put for the graph on what time it had reached equilibrium?
Paper 1 is generally always way harder than paper 2 so don’t worry too much.
Original post by niimbus
Do you remember what you put for the graph on what time it had reached equilibrium?

Oh I put 2 minutes (it said to round to the nearest minute) and I said that's because that's where both curves cross ?? Did you get anything like that
What topics came up?
Reply 10
Original post by sairamadoodo
Oh I put 2 minutes (it said to round to the nearest minute) and I said that's because that's where both curves cross ?? Did you get anything like that

Crap I put 1.9 I forgot to round it ☹️ For the reason I put because that is where both the concentrations are the same so I don’t think I would get the mark
Original post by niimbus

I thought the paper went better than expected... both me and my fried got 3 minutes
I put 3 because that’s when both conc stopped changing??
Can someone make an unofficial markscheme please and I got 3 minutes because that’s when the concentration was constant and that’s a factor of dynamic equilibrium. For the crucible one I got x is 2.89
Original post by niimbus
Crap I put 1.9 I forgot to round it ☹️ For the reason I put because that is where both the concentrations are the same so I don’t think I would get the mark

Ahhh that's so annoying :/ Don't worry you might still be able to get a mark for your explanation i'm pretty sure that's right
Original post by Jadeeee2000
I put 3 because that’s when both conc stopped changing??

ohh that makes sense omg I got that wrong too wow. It didn't say equilibrium in the question so I didn't think of that straight away
(edited 5 years ago)
I found it dreadful. Not only was the maths bad, but it seemed like I was super pressed for time unlike other past papers I have done. I will be lucky if I even manage an E at this point.
Original post by superduperbex
I found it dreadful. Not only was the maths bad, but it seemed like I was super pressed for time unlike other past papers I have done. I will be lucky if I even manage an E at this point.

I feel you
Reply 18
What topics came up?
Reply 19
Original post by Black Water
What topics came up?

Toothpaste pretty much

Quick Reply

Latest