The Student Room Group

Edexcel Igcse Geography A 22May

Ok... did anybody find that hard???
it was soooo hard! and the hazards section six marker about th development of weathering monitoring tings was something i hadn't learnt before!
Original post by ?Hannah?
it was soooo hard! and the hazards section six marker about th development of weathering monitoring tings was something i hadn't learnt before!

yeh ikr! what did you think of the fieldwork; there were so hard for me! which ones did you do?
Original post by rohanjain2602
yeh ikr! what did you think of the fieldwork; there were so hard for me! which ones did you do?

which part of section D did you do? x and they acc were so hard the coastal one and the one about the economic activity and energy x
did you do the globalisation section? idk why, but it seemed like a short section x
did you do the globalisation section? idk why, but it seemed like a short section x

No I did the development and human welfare section; i knew most of the questions thats the only reason why^_^
Reply 6
Apart from the fieldwork stuff, it wasn't too tricky. Although I have done pretty much all the past papers so a lot of the questions were really similar to others that I'd done before. I'm really hoping I get an A since my sister got an A a few years ago and didn't even attempt the fieldwork stuff.
Original post by Sophie I
Apart from the fieldwork stuff, it wasn't too tricky. Although I have done pretty much all the past papers so a lot of the questions were really similar to others that I'd done before. I'm really hoping I get an A since my sister got an A a few years ago and didn't even attempt the fieldwork stuff.

yea, quite a few in my school messed up mass movement and the weather monitor thing in the rivers fieldwork section
Reply 8
yea, quite a few in my school messed up mass movement and the weather monitor thing in the rivers fieldwork section

The whole weather monitoring question was a bit weird since I don’t remember doing a single thing on weather monitoring changes. I just talked about introduction of satellites and new technology gadgets like anemometers and thermometers as well as programs that are able to look at patterns in weather and make predictions and all that. In other words, I just threw in a whole bunch of things so I’m hoping that what I wrote was good enough!
The whole weather monitoring question was a bit weird since I don’t remember doing a single thing on weather monitoring changes. I just talked about introduction of satellites and new technology gadgets like anemometers and thermometers as well as programs that are able to look at patterns in weather and make predictions and all that. In other words, I just threw in a whole bunch of things so I’m hoping that what I wrote was good enough!

same I just started off saying there has been lots of technological advancement and these methods are used now and I just explained those methods 😂😂 hopefully that should be enough for at least 4 marks
Ok... did anybody find that hard???

Original post by Waves.123
same I just started off saying there has been lots of technological advancement and these methods are used now and I just explained those methods 😂😂 hopefully that should be enough for at least 4 marks

What was the four marker on the hazards section again? xx

reasons for living in hazard prone areas

yeh i put employment and fertile soil etc
Reply 13

yeahhh so do i
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 14
perhaps the boundary will be lower since it is the most difficult paper ever
Original post by Waves.123
reasons for living in hazard prone areas

yeh i put employment and fertile soil etc

Original post by cemsu
perhaps the boundary will be lower since it is the most difficult paper ever

cheers xx wha so you guys think the grade boundaries will be like? i know it was 69% last year for an a* x
cheers xx wha so you guys think the grade boundaries will be like? i know it was 69% last year for an a* x

probably the same; not sure if it was easier or not though i think maybe around 70-75
probably the same; not sure if it was easier or not though i think maybe around 70-75

i think last year was easier as i had a look at the paper the other day and it seemed okay x

how hard did you find this year's geography x
how hard did you find this year's geography x

very... i think i did so badly but i think thats only me... hopefully not though aiming for an A*

Quick Reply

Latest