The Student Room Group

AQA Physics GCSE Paper 1, Feelings, Predictions?

Any thoughts for tomorrow? Anyone’s teacher said anything useful about what might be on?

Scroll to see replies

I feel like it will be ok, and that there will be a lot of electricity related maths
Reply 2
Original post by ZdYnm8vuNR
I feel like it will be ok, and that there will be a lot of electricity related maths

ah, i hate electricity equations (so many!) so i hope not! but yeah i agree
I'm predicting an application question about radioactivity - eg you're given the half-lives, types of radiation emitted and have to evaluate what would be most suitable
Static electricity, fission and fusion are likely.
I also think the electricity practicals will come up and you will have to draw an appropriate circuit.
Potential question on irradiation/contamination and maths involving background radiation?
Potential 5/6 marker involving more than one equation with unit conversions and rearranging.
After that chem paper, everyone should prepare themselves for death.
Reply 5
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
After that chem paper, everyone should prepare themselves for death.

hahah do you do combined? i didnt mind the separate chem paper myself but i heard combined was awful
Original post by blackthrn
hahah do you do combined? i didnt mind the separate chem paper myself but i heard combined was awful

I am actually in Y13 but according to Y11s it was an awful paper, no idea myself though :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by louishill1
I'm predicting an application question about radioactivity - eg you're given the half-lives, types of radiation emitted and have to evaluate what would be most suitable
I also think the electricity practicals will come up and you will have to draw an appropriate circuit.
Potential question on irradiation/contamination and maths involving background radiation?
Potential 5/6 marker involving more than one equation with unit conversions and rearranging.

maths involving background radiation? i missed a lot of that so what do you mean
Background radiation is triple only and hasn’t come up yet, but there isn’t much content for it to know so I suspect they could give you some information about it and ask you to do a standard form calculation or percentage for example
maths involving background radiation? i missed a lot of that so what do you mean

I believe it simply involves subtracting the background radiation from the overall results on the Geiger-Muller counter, as background radiation is everywhere in the universe and thus is not a part of the radiation emitted by the specific object in the question
Reply 10
Original post by MediJoecre
I believe it simply involves subtracting the background radiation from the overall results on the Geiger-Muller counter, as background radiation is everywhere in the universe and thus is not a part of the radiation emitted by the specific object in the question

oohhhh i can do that, thanks, hopefully that will be on!
Reply 11
Background radiation is triple only and hasn’t come up yet, but there isn’t much content for it to know so I suspect they could give you some information about it and ask you to do a standard form calculation or percentage for example

yeah i do triple and i’m pretty much expecting all triple only topics to come up on this

Agreed
Reply 13
The specific heat capacity might come up
something about heat conduction might come up?
Reply 15
Original post by Mwadi1

there was a six marker on it on the latest specimen so i doubt it tbh
do you think there will be a question about the national grid?
feelings? DREAD
Original post by Mwadi1

I don't think that required practical will come up because it came up in the mocks...focus on density and electricity ones I say
but the equation for it might come up
yeah i do triple and i’m pretty much expecting all triple only topics to come up on this

I'm expecting nuclear fission & fusion to come up, as well as either transformers in the national grid or electric field in terms of triple content.

Having sat quite a few AQA papers recently, they're out for blood this year.

Quick Reply

Latest