The Student Room Group

Which city in the UK you think is the more famous around the world other than London?

I would say Manchester because of Manchester United and Manchester City.
What do you guys think?

Scroll to see replies

None. Only London is relevant.
Reply 2
Belfast, obviously.
Reply 3
Original post by rhaegar442
None. Only London is relevant.

Eh kind true, but Manchester is getting more developed now. We are starting to see 200m+ skyscrapers in manchester being built.
(edited 5 years ago)
Manchester because of the football clubs but also Southampton because of the Titanic Cruse ships or Portsmouth because of the Navy relationship.(see what did there)
(edited 5 years ago)
Manchester.

Then, probably Edinburgh, followed by Liverpool.
Original post by Agent456
I would say Manchester because of Manchester United and Manchester City.
What do you guys think?

Edinburgh, Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool.

Maybe even Cardiff because of the Champions League final and world heavyweight title fights there
Reply 7
Another reason why I would say Manchester is because of the attacks that happened last year. Been all over the news around the world.
Reply 8
Leicester
Reply 9
Original post by iodo345
Leicester

actually never heard of it until now
Oxford and Cambridge. My friends in California have only heard of them beside London and now Manchester because of those attacks
Manchester. We've given the world Oasis, The Smiths, The Stone Roses, Manchester United and Coronation Street. We had a major part to play in the industrial revolution and the politics of the UK. We had the worlds first inter city railway. The BBC and ITV are based here. Millions of people want to travel, work and study here.

Really the only city that compares is Liverpool because of The Beatles and Liverpool FC. Maybe Edinburgh has a case too.
Also Windsor of course :P
Original post by IcelandicSkies
Oxford and Cambridge. My friends in California have only heard of them beside London and now Manchester because of those attacks

But surely they thought they were simply just Unis? They knew they were cities too?
Original post by Cxm
But surely they thought they were simply just Unis? They knew they were cities too?

Lol they hardly knew more than the uni side of it, so yeah you’re right :laugh: the way I put it made them sound better geographically educated than they actually are lol
Manchester ,Liverpool, Edinburgh. i think Brighton is more well known abroad than one might expect
Reply 17
Never been anywhere where people didn't know the Beatles and thus know Liverpool.
Nottinghams actually really famous in the western world, due to Robin Hood.
Original post by gjd800
Never been anywhere where people didn't know the Beatles and thus know Liverpool.

No-one in the world cares about you scousers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending