The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA English Literature 2018

Paper 1:
how did you find it?
i stg I blanked out so many times, forgot Banquo was a ghost and forgot literally all quotes. I had fkn ‘love thy neighbor’ stuck in my head the whole time

and scrooges fears??? watchu playing @ aqa??? idk, he’s scared of falling down the stairs????? scared of the little boy who he made buy a turkey??? idk???

Paper 2:
paper two was calm tbh. it was Gerald’s attitude to women and poppies but they changed it bc it got leaked
I FEEL FOR ALL U LOVE AND RELATIONSHIPS. SINGH SONG MUSTVE BEEN A MISSION
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
When you're trying so hard to look at the time on the clock but it's too far away and the invigilator gives you a dirty look because it looks like you're looking at somebody else's work.
Original post by Luminescence0
When you're trying so hard to look at the time on the clock but it's too far away and the invigilator gives you a dirty look because it looks like you're looking at somebody else's work.

hahaha that was SO me today
mine went okay however I feel as though I used uneccesary quotes coz I couldn't think of the right ones. also by the time I got to my second question I was drained out af because I put all my effort into the t first that my brain went blank. don't even know what ish I wrote for the second one and didn't even
get time to check over it.. I did Romeo And Juliet and pride and prejudice btw. overall it wasn't that bad tho -_-
(edited 5 years ago)

cant relate, I sit front row of 300 people. not fun at all
Original post by Bookaddict02
mine went okay however I feel as though I used uneccesary quotes coz I couldn't think of the right ones. also by the time I got to my second question I was drained out af because I put all my effort into the t first that my brain went blank. don't even know what ish I wrote for the second one and didn't even
get time to check over it.. I did Romeo And Juliet and pride and prejudice btw. overall it wasn't that bad tho -_-

i w a f f l e d
i just want low ass grade boundaries tbh
oml

to the people that say this exam was easy in other threads it really wasn't and they probably do edexcel or wjec.

the banquo question was so odd. like he has like 2 lines and is dead most of the time?? aqa are you okay?

a christmas carol i looked at whilst planning for macbeth and just pretended i never saw it because i had no clue what fear was doing. like where is it on the themes?

this is the most comprehensive chart and WHERE does it say "fear" in themes??

http://images.pcmac.org/SiSFiles/Schools/GA/CookCounty/CookHigh/Uploads/DocumentsSubCategories/Documents/a-christmas-carol-LitChart.pdf

sameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. argh im so upset i think i flopped this.

this made me laugh so thank you.

i was drinking my water and my teachers phone rang and she whipped out some brick phone and i swear there was going to look like a tap had come out its socket because i nearly spat that out.
Original post by YouAreAYute
cant relate, I sit front row of 300 people. not fun at all

sat at the back. was in seat 2/2, absolutely packed in the exam hall that was no the 10 seater art room.
Original post by ohdearstudying
oml

to the people that say this exam was easy in other threads it really wasn't and they probably do edexcel or wjec.

the banquo question was so odd. like he has like 2 lines and is dead most of the time?? aqa are you okay?

a christmas carol i looked at whilst planning for macbeth and just pretended i never saw it because i had no clue what fear was doing. like where is it on the themes?

http://images.pcmac.org/SiSFiles/Schools/GA/CookCounty/CookHigh/Uploads/DocumentsSubCategories/Documents/a-christmas-carol-LitChart.pdf

alie. I read banquo and then I was like okay not ideal but calm it’s banquo. I carry on reading and I see supernatural too. aqa tf u doing

I just wanna smash paper 2 tbh. unlikely tho bc ive literally only annotated 2 poems
oml

totally agree bout macbeth
alie. I read banquo and then I was like okay not ideal but calm it’s banquo. I carry on reading and I see supernatural too. aqa tf u doing

I just wanna smash paper 2 tbh. unlikely tho bc ive literally only annotated 2 poems

banquo and macbeth + supernatural - i flopped that tbh
Original post by dipper_19
banquo and macbeth + supernatural - i flopped that tbh

yeah same - deep bc i was acc supposed to be decent at english lool guess not!

my english teacher was so shady.

she said today:

"good luck for friday and let's hope it's a poem you've actually studied"

i was like DONT EXPOSE ME LIKE THAT/

aqa, sweaty are you okay?

the devil works hard but AQA works harder
yeah same - deep bc i was acc supposed to be decent at english lool guess not!

same, before the exam - my teacher says to be confident and she knows ill do well
i go in and blank out and dont remember any quotes
oml

Ye but Banquo came back later as a ghost

Well that’s just ur work ethic. U don’t revise Banquo and u don’t revise poems. Don’t blame AQA
same, before the exam - my teacher says to be confident and she knows ill do well
i go in and blank out and dont remember any quotes

literally me
every time i tried to think of a quote i had 'love thy neighbour!' stuck in my head. im not even christian smh
totally agree bout macbeth

genuinely AQA are you okay???

me after the exam

[video="youtube;bCDm0qAYv0Y"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCDm0qAYv0Y[/video]
Original post by RicoChandarana
Well that’s just ur work ethic. U don’t revise Banquo and u don’t revise poems. Don’t blame AQA

loool dont @ me like that. i did revise banquo, i just wasnt expecting them to put a character and a theme together

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending