The Student Room Group

Why is it always users on TSR that are stuck up?

Real question. I've had a yahoo account in the past with Yahoo Answers. I've had a GirlsAskGuys account and Reddit.

TSR users are by far the most stuck up and rude when it comes to life advice or any personal issues. There are nice people on here but everytime I post anything on here I always end up annoyed with users that always act arrogant and like they don't even believe your scenario in the first place.

Scroll to see replies

care to name and shame
Reply 2
Full of privileged kids with good-exceptional academics, so attitude is inevitably part of it.
Reply 3
Original post by Ray_Shadows
care to name and shame

😂 I'm not that petty. It is tempting though.

It's always happening on here. People just end up belittling you, and playing Mr Smart ass over this site doubting you. It happens too often. It's the first time in a while I've posted on here because of this reason and it's only just gone and happened again. Typical for this place
Pseudo intellectuals.
Agreed. But you gotta understand that sometimes it sounds like a troll post so people may not take it seriously. Definitely agree that people here are stuck up and rude.
Reply 6
Original post by Rainfall
Agreed. But you gotta understand that sometimes it sounds like a troll post so people may not take it seriously. Definitely agree that people here are stuck up and rude.

Most of my posts don't appear to be trolling posts. I go out of my way to explain things in detail so users understand me more on here. But some just end up using that info to use it as a way of saying you're being delusional and basically do anything but give the advice you seek.

It's just happened, and I ended up confronting the person for their desperate attempt of playing the smart ass on TSR which isn't new and rather boring. They didn't respond after that thankfully. This is the first time I've actually had it and needed to vent about this on here
Original post by Anonymous
Real question. I've had a yahoo account in the past with Yahoo Answers. I've had a GirlsAskGuys account and Reddit.

TSR users are by far the most stuck up and rude when it comes to life advice or any personal issues. There are nice people on here but everytime I post anything on here I always end up annoyed with users that always act arrogant and like they don't even believe your scenario in the first place.

idk man, am I stuck up?
Reply 8
Original post by Mrs.Grey
idk man, am I stuck up?

I did mention there are nice users but this place has the most *******s out of all the sites I've been to for threads and questions etc.
I did mention there are nice users but this place has the most *******s out of all the sites I've been to for threads and questions etc.

yeah and I was asking if anyone reading the thread thinks I'm stuck up lol. There's good and bad with every site I guess.
Original post by Ray_Shadows
care to name and shame

I caused this 😂😂 she posted some creepy story about her neighbour who has a misses potentially wanting her? And i called her on her fantasies lol.
Original post by Realitysreflexx
I caused this 😂😂 she posted some creepy story about her neighbour who has a misses potentially wanting her? And i called her on her fantasies lol.

Don't give yourself that much credit.

You're not the user I'm referring to LOOOOL
Don't give yourself that much credit.

You're not the user I'm referring to LOOOOL

Am I? AM I?!

Name me, Mr. You're no John Bercow but I suppose you will have to do.
Original post by Notoriety
Am I? AM I?!

Name me, Mr. You're no John Bercow but I suppose you will have to do.

...what?
The sites you mentioned are used mostly by Americans who are friendly and down to earth. This site is used mostly by British teens who like to act funneh and sarcastic online. They think it’s cute. It’s lame, outdated and stupid but what can you do, it’s their culture.
The sites you mentioned are used mostly by Americans who are friendly and down to earth. This site is used mostly by British teens who like to act funneh and sarcastic online. They think it’s cute. It’s lame, outdated and stupid but what can you do, it’s their culture.

Ay ay! I'm British and I understand British humour very well. These people are also rude by British standards. It has nothing to do with being British.
...what?

Use Standing Order 44 and suspend me from the service of the House, I said!
Original post by Notoriety
Use Standing Order 44 and suspend me from the service of the House, I said!

ok

Funnnnny too bad im american lmao.
Original post by Mrs.Grey
idk man, am I stuck up?

eh kind of :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending