The Student Room Group
BSc? Thats cooler, and makes you sound like a scientist. I hear Warwick is far more superior for Economics.
Reply 2
Yeah I don't know much about the student life at Warwick though. From what I have heard there are a lot of international students - not that that's a bad thing in general but if they are antisocial then yes it is a bad thing! For me anyway.
The BSc/Ba will make not difference for employers. Warwick is highly regarded for Econ and maths but thats about it. Durham is seen as a more versatile university.
I would say that Warwick will generally be better as they are top in the country for Econ, targeted by most IBs, Consultancy firms, Big 4, and many students are going at Oxbridge for postgrad.
Warwick is better. Econ being one of their most respected degrees. Someone on the caliber of econ at warwick really would be wasted doing ba econ at durham. Warwick is also a target uni, durham being a mark below
Reply 5
btw does anyone know which unis are considered 'target' and which are 'semi-target'?
Original post by hildason98
btw does anyone know which unis are considered 'target' and which are 'semi-target'?

if you are referring to IB, check the IB forum there is the list. I would say Warwick is a target and durham is a semi.
Original post by hildason98

target are: oxbridge, lse, ucl, imperial and warwick

semis are places like bristol, durham, exeter etc
Reply 8
I chose durham over Warwick, think Warwick is better for IB and stuff BUT its a hell hole campus
Original post by ineedA
I chose durham over Warwick, think Warwick is better for IB and stuff BUT its a hell hole campus

What is wrong with the Campus?
Reply 10
Original post by ProRoadman
What is wrong with the Campus?

from what I remember on visiting it just has the feeling of being very isolated, you're not actually n Warwick (closer to leamington spa or something) and personally just didn't suit me at all, and I know manganese's people who have had the same opinion as me
Original post by ineedA
from what I remember on visiting it just has the feeling of being very isolated, you're not actually n Warwick (closer to leamington spa or something) and personally just didn't suit me at all, and I know manganese's people who have had the same opinion as me

Oh, that's fine. Hope you enjoy Durham.
Reply 12
Original post by ProRoadman
Oh, that's fine. Hope you enjoy Durham.

I am enjoying it hahah
Yeah I chose Durham too. I felt like the difference slight edge of Warwick Econ over Durham Econ isn't large enough to justify going there as I hugely preferred Durham as a uni... But we'll see how I like it there!
Original post by justaloststudent
Yeah I chose Durham too. I felt like the difference slight edge of Warwick Econ over Durham Econ isn't large enough to justify going there as I hugely preferred Durham as a uni... But we'll see how I like it there!

Original post by ineedA
I am enjoying it hahah

As someone in your position 3 years later, do you reckon you ended up making the right choice? Very stuck.

Latest