The Student Room Group

HELP! Do I need to apply to accomodation for my second choice?

I have applied for my first choice accomodation , and that's all fine.

Do I need to apply for accomodation to my second choice uni? Most people are saying I don't , but I keep getting emails telling me to!

Anyone know what I should do????
Reply 1
Original post by annabella636
I have applied for my first choice accomodation , and that's all fine.

Do I need to apply for accomodation to my second choice uni? Most people are saying I don't , but I keep getting emails telling me to!

Anyone know what I should do????

Hi hun,

Most unis dont let you book accommodation unless its your first choice uni. If you are getting emails, im assuming theyre coming from your second choice uni right? Id assume that means theyd let you, and therefore it might be wise to to make sure you have somewhere good to live but check the contract and make sure youre able to get out of it without having to pay the fees if you dont end up staying there
Hiya,

Thank you! I will look into it then.
Hiya,

In my experience of working in student accommodation, we have a policy whereby you are able to cancel your booking if you don't get into that university but not if you just choose to go to another one. I would just double check with the terms and conditions of the provider at the second choice university what their policy is.

Thanks,

Lilith

Quick Reply

Latest