The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Hi Love,
I just finished my first year of MPT. So basically there is a bus from Nottingham to Derby from West entrance and east drive so don’t worry. However, Your best option will be Uni Park campus (if you don’t care about your food) or Broadgate (if you do) so that your close to the bus stop.
Yeah don’t live in Derby 😂

Feel free to ask me anything! Xx
Original post by Iamflorence
Hi Love,
I just finished my first year of MPT. So basically there is a bus from Nottingham to Derby from West entrance and east drive so don’t worry. However, Your best option will be Uni Park campus (if you don’t care about your food) or Broadgate (if you do) so that your close to the bus stop.
Yeah don’t live in Derby 😂

Feel free to ask me anything! Xx

Ah thank you for replying! Unfortunately I already have my accommodation confirmed at Jubilee Campus (it just looked so beautiful :h:) and only now I realised that because of that I have to get 2 buses, 1 from my accommodation to Uni Park and then ANOTHER one from Uni Park to the hospital! But then I checked and the earliest bus from Jubilee campus to Uni Park was the 8:05am bus. What time did your earliest lecture start? Was it 9am? If so I'm screwed :eek: Did you spend most of your time at the hospital or were there any lessons in Nottingham University? Sorry if I'm bombarding you with questions I'm just sooo anxious and thank you again for replying!
Hi Love, it’s okay! you are not the only one that has to travel from jubilee campus to uni Park. You will need to get the unite bus which is SPC’s (st peters courts) hopper bus I think. But listen, this is the least of your worries because everyone manages to get that bus from when they live at jubilee, SPC and Raleigh. But means you going to be up really early ! Nope, everything is at Derby 😒. So I didn’t really go to lectures only compulsory ones.
Here is the bus timetable: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/about/documents/spchopper1011.pdf that link is so wrong but I think find the right one.
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi Love, it’s okay! you are not the only one that has to travel from jubilee campus to uni Park. You will need to get the unite bus which is SPC’s (st peters courts) hopper bus I think. But listen, this is the least of your worries because everyone manages to get that bus from when they live at jubilee, SPC and Raleigh. But means you going to be up really early ! Nope, everything is at Derby 😒. So I didn’t really go to lectures only compulsory ones.
Here is the bus timetable: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/about/documents/spchopper1011.pdf that link is so wrong but I think find the right one.

Oh great! Hahaha for some reason in my head I'm the only one living at Jubilee campus and studying this course. I guess I have to stop worrying so much:biggrin: It's a shame that there are no lectures at the University though. How did you find it? Did you still feel like you were a University of Nottingham student and get to take part in University activities? Did you have to attend lectures every day and what were the lectures like? I'm not sure how lectures are supposed to be held in a hospital with so many students :s-smilie:
Hi Love,
Well, I would say I am a bad example because I barely went to my lectures, I think I went to about 60%. However when I did, it was good. You won’t go to your lectures everyday, no one does. Compare it to you planning to do notes before and after your lessons, it just doesn’t happen😂 especially with your lectures taking 1 hour to get to. Imagine you go out to ‘pyrzm’ on Tuesday and you have a 9am the next day, you probs will come back by 3:30am and would need to be up for 6:30am 😂3hrs sleep?! honey, you ain’t going to that 9am (but it is possible). The good side is that most of your lectures are recorded so that’s great when it comes to catch up and revision.
One time, I never went to any lectures needed for one of coursework pieces and had NO IDEA what to do but still got a 1st class. 1st year is very important but easy for MPT.
You have a mixture of lectures, tutorials and labs but all are very interesting!
There is a separate school in the hospital and there are only I believe, Graduate medicine students and foundation medicine students and US. So it’s cool.
It is a GREAT SHAME that we are not in QMC and have to trek 1 hr but you eventually stop crying and complaining and get on with it. Don’t worry, you will enjoy the course, I have had a great 1st year.
If talking on a different platform is easier for you pm me.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 7
Hey, I’m going to do MPT & wondered if I could bombard you with a few questions as well?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Tayla123
Hey, I’m going to do MPT & wondered if I could bombard you with a few questions as well?

Hey Hun, ofc you can. Fire awayyyy ! Xx
Hi Love,
Well, I would say I am a bad example because I barely went to my lectures, I think I went to about 60%. However when I did, it was good. You won’t go to your lectures everyday, no one does. Compare it to you planning to do notes before and after your lessons, it just doesn’t happen😂 especially with your lectures taking 1 hour to get to. Imagine you go out to ‘pyrzm’ on Tuesday and you have a 9am the next day, you probs will come back by 3:30am and would need to be up for 6:30am 😂3hrs sleep?! honey, you ain’t going to that 9am (but it is possible). The good side is that most of your lectures are recorded so that’s great when it comes to catch up and revision.
One time, I never went to any lectures needed for one of coursework pieces and had NO IDEA what to do but still got a 1st class. 1st year is very important but easy for MPT.
You have a mixture of lectures, tutorials and labs but all are very interesting!
There is a separate school in the hospital and there are only I believe, Graduate medicine students and foundation medicine students and US. So it’s cool.
It is a GREAT SHAME that we are not in QMC and have to trek 1 hr but you eventually stop crying and complaining and get on with it. Don’t worry, you will enjoy the course, I have had a great 1st year.
If talking on a different platform is easier for you pm me.

Hi :smile:

MPT is my insurance and I'm trying to figure out if I should live in Derby or Nottingham, so I was wondering if I could ask a few questions?

Do you know if anyone drives from Nottingham to Derby and if so how long does it take? Is there parking at Royal Derby Hospital or nearby it?Is driving quicker than the hopper bus?

Thank you :smile:

Izzy x
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by IzzyKat379
Hi :smile:

MPT is my insurance and I'm trying to figure out if I should live in Derby or Nottingham, so I was wondering if I could ask a few questions?

Do you know if anyone drives from Nottingham to Derby and if so how long does it take? Is there parking at Royal Derby Hospital or nearby it?Is driving quicker than the hopper bus?

Thank you :smile:

Izzy x

Hi,

i study MPT. It is a 20minute drive and there is nearby parking at the hospital. And drive is much quicker than hopper which is 45mins.
Oh cool! Do you live in the Beeston area? What time do you leave? Thank you so much for your reply!Izzy :smile:
Oh cool! Do you live in the Beeston area? What time do you leave? Thank you so much for your reply!Izzy :smile:

Hi, I lived on uni park. And the bus is at 7:55 so 7:40. But the people who drive leave 8:30
Hi, I lived on uni park. And the bus is at 7:55 so 7:40. But the people who drive leave 8:30

Awesome! Thank you so much! Do you know where exactly the parking nearby the hospital is?

Izzy x
(edited 5 years ago)
Awesome! Thank you so much! Do you know where exactly the parking nearby the hospital is?

Izzy x

It’s on the hospital site x
Okay that's great! Thank you!! :biggrin: xx
Hi,I ended up staying in Nottingham and it was probably the best decision I took! Nottingham in general has a lot more

Latest

Trending

Trending