The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Maths (New Spec) 8MA0_02 - Statistics Discussion

(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Look who's here!! :woo:
are we discussing the statistics 9709 p 62 over here?
Reply 3
Original post by mariamalik260801

The new spec one that happened today.
Original post by nyxnko_
The new spec one that happened today.

isn't this for AS 9709 statistics? i dont know what new spec is.
Reply 5
isn't this for AS 9709 statistics? i dont know what new spec is.

What colour is your stats book? It should be brown and have a person running or something similar on it. If it's not like that, then you're on the wrong thread. :tongue:
Original post by nyxnko_
What colour is your stats book? It should be brown and have a person running or something similar on it. If it's not like that, then you're on the wrong thread. :tongue:

lol. probably on the wrong thread then. mine is blue in colour w bubble made on it
Reply 7
lol. probably on the wrong thread then. mine is blue in colour w bubble made on it

probably. our stats textbook contains both stats and mech :wink:
can someone please transfer me to the AS statistics discussion thread. i cannot find it. have been looking for it since the past hour
Reply 9
can someone please transfer me to the AS statistics discussion thread. i cannot find it. have been looking for it since the past hour

Sure. Can I ask you what exam board and module and when the date of your exam was please?
Original post by nyxnko_
Sure. Can I ask you what exam board and module and when the date of your exam was please?

thanks a lot. it's Cambridge International AS and A levels. 9709 Statistics p62 and exam date was 23rd May 2018

It was for the stats part of this exam here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5247054 People don't seem to find discussing both on that thread a problem though so probably best to stick with there!
thanks a lot. it's Cambridge International AS and A levels. 9709 Statistics p62 and exam date was 23rd May 2018

Sorry, I don't think there's a thread for CIE Maths in general.
Original post by nyxnko_
probably. our stats textbook contains both stats and mech :wink:

Can you tell me, is the edexcel pure and statistics books worth it the one with the man running for the stats and the pure that goes with it. has it helped you and prepared you for the exams thoroughly. Thabks
Original post by FreshPrince102
Can you tell me, is the edexcel pure and statistics books worth it the one with the man running for the stats and the pure that goes with it. has it helped you and prepared you for the exams thoroughly. Thabks

Ermm.... they're helpful but also not very. Quite a few answers in the back of the book are wrong, most of the questions are practically old-spec questions and not very problem-solving based, and honestly, it's good for learning content and I don't particularly like going through it again once I've finished doing the questions.
I personally wouldn't recommend them but I understand that they may pretty much be the only resources that you'll have for the new spec. :dontknow:
Sorry, a bit of a vague answer :colondollar:
Original post by nyxnko_
Ermm.... they're helpful but also not very. Quite a few answers in the back of the book are wrong, most of the questions are practically old-spec questions and not very problem-solving based, and honestly, it's good for learning content and I don't particularly like going through it again once I've finished doing the questions.
I personally wouldn't recommend them but I understand that they may pretty much be the only resources that you'll have for the new spec. :dontknow:
Sorry, a bit of a vague answer :colondollar:

ok thanks but are there aby other edexcel maths books new spec that you know or heard are useful
Original post by FreshPrince102
ok thanks but are there aby other edexcel maths books new spec that you know or heard are useful

Other than those two, I can't think of any for Maths..
anyone think at least 130/160 would be A?
Original post by RickHendricks
anyone think at least 130/160 would be A?

Yes, of course. That's 81% and Edexcel WANT around 80% to be an A but for GCSEs last year, they wanted 97% to be a 9 but it ended up being 79% or something like that so if the AS grades act similarly, the A boundary should be around 70+% ish. It could be lower or higher though :dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending