The Student Room Group

How many marks do you need to get a C in maths gcse?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by SarahHouseman1
Surely that's 41 in each paper?

I think so, yes.
Reply 41
Original post by Black Water
I think so, yes.

In the November 2017 Edexcel Maths you needed 32 across all 3 papers for a grade 4. So essentially 11/80 per paper
Reply 42
Original post by EBarbs
In the November 2017 Edexcel Maths you needed 32 across all 3 papers for a grade 4. So essentially 11/80 per paper

Oh that was November. June series need higher marks for a 4, don’t they?
How does one revise for the harder questions towards the end of a maths exam? One of the things I struggle with is knowing when they’re asking me to use this or that method, because it’s nearly always implied. I’m not sure how I can get from a 7 to an 8
Original post by username3590460
Wait wait so 41 marks all together in 3 papers for a 4??? I'm doing edexcel .

No it’s 41 for each adding up to 123 marks to get a pass
It was 41 marks to get a level 4. Not on each paper - in total. 41/240. That's for edexcel higher level.
How I am doing foundation for maths Edexcel how many marks for each paper to get a grade 4 ?
41-72 marks. I had to generalise it to both Edexcel and AQA as you didn't clarify what exam board you are with. It's usually 46 marks for a 4 and 72 marks for a 5 this is for AQA as I searched up this years grade boundaries 9-1. For Edexcel it's 41 marks for a 4 and 68 for a 5 if you're with Edexcel.

4 is a weak pass and 5 is a good pass. Each paper is out of 80 and joining all 3 papers you need to score a minimum of the marks mentioned above.

is this for higher or is this for foundation
41-72 marks. I had to generalise it to both Edexcel and AQA as you didn't clarify what exam board you are with. It's usually 46 marks for a 4 and 72 marks for a 5 this is for AQA as I searched up this years grade boundaries 9-1. For Edexcel it's 41 marks for a 4 and 68 for a 5 if you're with Edexcel.

4 is a weak pass and 5 is a good pass. Each paper is out of 80 and joining all 3 papers you need to score a minimum of the marks mentioned above.

Is this for foundation or higher ??????
Reply 49
Original post by Princessshit213
Is this for foundation or higher ??????

I think that was for higher.
Reply 50
Hi My son got a 4 in maths (foundation) but school have asked to re-mark it as he was close to a 5. It says on his results that his mark eqv was 164 but no further info - any idea what this means and if he was close to a 5 how close? Any help appreciated.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by stirpey
Hi My son got a 4 in maths (foundation) but school have asked to re-mark it as he was close to a 5. It says on his results that his mark eqv was 164 but no further info - any idea what this means and if he was close to a 5 how close? Any help appreciated.

Which board? Edexcel it was 169 out of 240 for a 5. OCR was 187 out of 300. AQA was 161 out of 240.

So presumably Edexcel.
Reply 52
Original post by tiny hobbit
Which board? Edexcel it was 169 out of 240 for a 5. OCR was 187 out of 300. AQA was 161 out of 240.

So presumably Edexcel.

Hi, just checked again and it was edexl not AQA so I suppose he was 5 marks off a grade 5 which is strange because his other exams were AQA!

thanks
Reply 53
Can anyone please tell me the level 4 Required marks across the three papers on a foundation paper edexcel
Reply 54
100/210 is that level 4 for science GCSE AQA foundation
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 55
Hi everyone. Sorry to jump on but my son is in year 9 and has just had maths assessments. He's been moved to a lower class in maths after them as he did the 2 calculator papers, scored 28 in one and 31 in other. He was always good at maths so we're gonna work harder now. Can anyone tell me what these scores mean? So confused with new gcses!
I don't know how they do it now but when I did my GCSEs they set grade boundaries based upon what marks people got. One year an A could be 80% and the next year it could be 70%.
Reply 57
Thankyou for the reply.
Can you explain what the 28 and 31 scores actually mean?
Do you need to have 40 marks on each paper to get a grade 4?
How about for foundation maths tier? How many marks would I need to on each paper to get a 4? Just a 4?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending