The Student Room Group

computer science ?

im in year ten and have taken computer science for GCSE is there anyone in yr 11 who has done the exam who can let me know what kind of questions there are
Hey,

There two exams,.

the first one contains questions like pseudo code, trace tables, logic gates, basically the "technical" side.

The second exam is about ethical issues and hardware, so you could get like "What is the fetch-execute cycle?" or "How does a magnetic hard disk work?", ethical questions can be like "Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of online health service".

I hope this helps.
Original post by jane90210
im in year ten and have taken computer science for GCSE is there anyone in yr 11 who has done the exam who can let me know what kind of questions there are

What exam board are you on?
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/226764-unit-j276-01-computer-systems-sample-assessment-materials.pdf

this was the specimen paper for this year, I took the exam earlier this month and it was alot easier than i thought.
Original post by studentengland88
Hey,

There two exams,.

the first one contains questions like pseudo code, trace tables, logic gates, basically the "technical" side.

The second exam is about ethical issues and hardware, so you could get like "What is the fetch-execute cycle?" or "How does a magnetic hard disk work?", ethical questions can be like "Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of online health service".

I hope this helps.

thats the wrong way round
Original post by ppl1cker

It depends on the exam board. For AQA they are right but I presume that for OCR he is wrong. It is a matter of perception.

depends which exam board, AQA do it this way around.
Oh alright
Original post by studentengland88
depends which exam board, AQA do it this way around.
Reply 8
Original post by Kakemono
What exam board are you on?

My exam board is OCR
Reply 9
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/226764-unit-j276-01-computer-systems-sample-assessment-materials.pdf

this was the specimen paper for this year, I took the exam earlier this month and it was alot easier than i thought.

Agree!
Reply 10
The questions were too easy for Yr 11 computer scientist this year !
All my class was predicted a 9
Original post by I-ZAAA
The questions were too easy for Yr 11 computer scientist this year !
All my class was predicted a 9

ik its not gonna be good to the grade boundaries tho
Reply 12
a 95 % its a guranteed 9 tho

Quick Reply

Latest