The Student Room Group

I'm behind on revision and I'm feeling ill?

I'm really ill at the moment, I threw up twice today and I'm still forcing myself to revise because of how behind I am with revision but it's really difficult. I've taken medicine and even a nap but I'm not recovering :frown: Should I just go sleep for now and wake up REALLY early in the morning to revise (5am?)
Reply 1
A-levels? GCSE's? When is your exam?
Original post by Angelic Charm
I'm really ill at the moment, I threw up twice today and I'm still forcing myself to revise because of how behind I am with revision but it's really difficult. I've taken medicine and even a nap but I'm not recovering :frown: Should I just go sleep for now and wake up REALLY early in the morning to revise (5am?)

I'm afraid that you should probably put more revision in as being ill won't be a good enough excuse for not taking the exam. On the other hand, if you feel as though you need to sleep then you should probably wake up earlier than 5 am for a morning exam.
If you need to rest then get some rest. Don't push yourself as you won't be working at 100% efficiency even if you try your hardest.
I'm currently doing A-levels, and my first exam is on the 4th of June. Yeah it sucks to be ill at this time, guess I'll attempt to suck it up and revise then :frown: Thank you anyway <3 Just needed some guidance on what to do haha.
No your body needs rest. Have some medicine then rest again then revise in a simple way (such as a youtube video). Your body is tired so it would be best not to overwork. It is pointless to get up at 5am because you will be really tired and it will put more stress on your brain so just take it easy.
Reply 6
I'm currently doing A-levels, and my first exam is on the 4th of June. Yeah it sucks to be ill at this time, guess I'll attempt to suck it up and revise then :frown: Thank you anyway <3 Just needed some guidance on what to do haha.

Cramming always works lol, me and my friends have been doing whole subjects in depth, memorised during the night
Original post by MH1234567
No your body needs rest. Have some medicine then rest again then revise in a simple way (such as a youtube video). Your body is tired so it would be best not to overwork. It is pointless to get up at 5am because you will be really tired and it will put more stress on your brain so just take it easy.

Yeah I'm just attempting to revise one of my "chiller" subjects right now, and I guess that's true. I'll see how I'm feeling as I progress through the day :smile:. Thank you!
what subjects do u do?
Original post by YD17HXM
Cramming always works lol, me and my friends have been doing whole subjects in depth, memorised during the night

It's impossible for me to cram, I used to do so but that was because it was AS and my exams were more spread out to do so. This year my exams are crammed together, and psychology has so much fricken content in it it's unreal. I've done like 0 for the rest of my subjects.

do a compromise , make something as minor as make flashcards and/or read a textbook in bed
Original post by loooooooooool0
what subjects do u do?

Economics, psychology and IT. D:

That's far enough away that you can go to bed just now and not even set an alarm tomorrow unless you've class. Your health should be priority. The sooner you get better the sooner you can get back to studying.
ahhh u got aqa psych on 4th june right? :wink:
Original post by loooooooooool0
ahhh u got aqa psych on 4th june right? :wink:

Yup, I need to finish revising paper 3 but I doubt I'll have enough time for that now.
Original post by sinfonietta
That's far enough away that you can go to bed just now and not even set an alarm tomorrow unless you've class. Your health should be priority. The sooner you get better the sooner you can get back to studying.

I mean from my POV it's not that far due to the amount of content I have left, it's just taken me longer than I expected to learn everything which sucks because I didn't leave it to the last minute and now I'm practically having to revise so much. But thanks once again, sadly I do have class so I'll need to set an alarm. Guess I don't have time to die haha.
Economics, psychology and IT. D:

Don't worry it sounds like the most revision demanding exam will be psychology. If you need help with Economics I am a first year economics student so A-levels and definitions... pfft !

But yeah, good revision happens when you're able to concentrate on whatever you're revising. If you're feeling ill or whatever you probably won't be concentrating and whatever you're revising probs won't go in. You might think it is, but it is probably not. Fear not, you have time
Original post by pereira325
Don't worry it sounds like the most revision demanding exam will be psychology. If you need help with Economics I am a first year economics student so A-levels and definitions... pfft !

But yeah, good revision happens when you're able to concentrate on whatever you're revising. If you're feeling ill or whatever you probably won't be concentrating and whatever you're revising probs won't go in. You might think it is, but it is probably not. Fear not, you have time

I WOULD LOVE HELP FOR MACROECONOMICS. THANK YOU. I've managed to do all my notes for microeconomics and so just need to actually revise it, I think I know majority of my stuffs for that area just not macro :frown: And yeah I'll probably just do some less extreme revision, I literally just threw up again >.> Worse time to be ill.
I WOULD LOVE HELP FOR MACROECONOMICS. THANK YOU. I've managed to do all my notes for microeconomics and so just need to actually revise it, I think I know majority of my stuffs for that area just not macro :frown: And yeah I'll probably just do some less extreme revision, I literally just threw up again >.> Worse time to be ill.

Funny, I just had my macroeconomics module exam today.
Monetary policy, fiscal policy, labour markets, short-run, long-run all that stuff :P
Well, I suppose definitions is something you just have "to know" so that's solo work. But yeah understanding "what will happen throughout the economy" based on "a change" is the more interesting and challenging part of macroeconomics. And you will need to come to me lol, I can't think of questions if you want that (as I do not know your spec and blah blah)
Being ill always sucks :tongue: It would be worse to be ill even closer to your exam, so count your lucky "unlucky" stars.

Quick Reply

Latest