The Student Room Group

Can't come in to work today, give doctors more?

So I can't come in to work today due to feeling very unwell.

I've worked for 7 weeks now and this is my second day off.

Character wise I'm a pleasant, polite man and work wise I keep good time keeping and do everything I'm told.

I'm a packer.

I can give a doctors note but my parents say "don't tell them I'll give you doctors note" on the email.

I'm also afraid they won't keep me at the place anymore since it's temporary and they say when they tell me stop I stop.
Try speaking to your manager and explain your worry’s.
2 episodes of time off in 7 weeks isn't great. A doctor's note won't make much difference. When you're new it's always best to go in even if you're sick... if you get sent home at least the manager saw you're genuinely Ill and you're trying.
Original post by doodle_333
2 episodes of time off in 7 weeks isn't great. A doctor's note won't make much difference. When you're new it's always best to go in even if you're sick... if you get sent home at least the manager saw you're genuinely Ill and you're trying.

I am sorry but coming into work ill I think would be a bad idea. I mean others could get ill because of it and if they work in a customer- orientated environment then customers can get ill also.
Original post by monkeyman0121
I am sorry but coming into work ill I think would be a bad idea. I mean others could get ill because of it and if they work in a customer- orientated environment then customers can get ill also.

It's not good for others but the reality is many work places will fire you if you're sick too much soon after starting. You have to do what's best for you too which sometimes means going in to prove yourself.
Original post by doodle_333
It's not good for others but the reality is many work places will fire you if you're sick too much soon after starting. You have to do what's best for you too which sometimes means going in to prove yourself.

I feel it would look worse if they went in ill since you would be risking getting all the workers ill.
You need to give them a doctors note, I'm not sure why your parents are so against it
Original post by monkeyman0121
I feel it would look worse if they went in ill since you would be risking getting all the workers ill.

Have you ever had a job? That is just not the case at all. If they think that they will just send you straight home.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending