The Student Room Group

Edexcel Maths GCSE Paper 1 Foundation 24 May 2018 Unofficial Markscheme

Let's start a student mark scheme here, teachers are welcome!

Scroll to see replies

put a markscheme up please,

thank you gorgeoussss
Waiting for a mark scheme... For a friend!!! She needs to pass to get into uni and she is stressing!! Help her find a mark scheme ^^
How did everyone find that paper? I thought the first half was okay but the last few pages were slightly grim & some rather odd questions throughout
Reply 4
Original post by Lokan*
Let's start a student mark scheme here, teachers are welcome!

Question one. Answer = 6000

There was some algebraic question. It was something like 3x4T and I got 12t.

2. Put the numbers in order. Can't remember the numbers but fairly simple.

Some other question about 3kg of meat = 54 pounds. Asked you to figure out how much 1kg costs. 54 divided by 3 = 18.

Some question on houses. I got 220 as a total number of houses. Might of gotten that wrong.

The line was a radius.

Question on the area of the pyramid. I found the area of each triangle which was bxh divided by 2 = 12. I then multiplied 12 times 4 to find each of the faces. The base of the pyramid was a square with a side of 6. A square's sides are equal so I just did 6x6 to get 36. So 48 + 36.

There was some question on costs of a holiday. I went stupid and only divided the return tickets cost by four. I neglected to divide the others by 4 as I thought it only applied to the first one. I didn't realise all the costs were divided by 4. I might have redeemed one mark at the end by dividing one of the answers by 4. I got the probably wrong answer of 1100.

There were some ratio questions I can't remember the answers too.

There was question asking you to find 15 percent of 160. I divided 160 by 10 and then divided that by 2 to find 8. I then multipled 8 by 3 to get 15 percent/24.

The vectors were just adding and subtracting.
Reply 5
Original post by FernD234
How did everyone find that paper? I thought the first half was okay but the last few pages were slightly grim & some rather odd questions throughout

Yeah first half was nice. I didn't like the y = 1-4X question.

Was confused as to whether I should be concerned about whether a - or a + was relevant to the question.

What answers did you put down for any questions?
Yeah pls anyone mark scheme
guys what about renee sweets question oh my god I am so stupid I put radius and I crossed out it ughhhh
holidays one made me confused so I did half them
Original post by Djerun
Yeah first half was nice. I didn't like the y = 1-4X question.

Was confused as to whether I should be concerned about whether a - or a + was relevant to the question.

What answers did you put down for any questions?

The graph question? yeah wasn't a fan of that. I was doing the x values times by 4 then taking that away from 1, not a clue if that's what you were meant to do though.
Urmm i can't really remember most of the questions but for the salary one with the 3 different people I changed the fractions and ratios into percentages and said that Isabel saved the most with 30 percent or something, again probably wrong
Reply 10
The graph question? yeah wasn't a fan of that. I was doing the x values times by 4 then taking that away from 1, not a clue if that's what you were meant to do though.
Urmm i can't really remember most of the questions but for the salary one with the 3 different people I changed the fractions and ratios into percentages and said that Isabel saved the most with 30 percent or something, again probably wrong

I got that too!!! I got 30% with Isabel!
Reply 11

I was taking them away from 1. I had to keep stopping myself from subtracting 1 from the bigger number. My line ended up being slightly off
Original post by Djerun
I got that too!!! I got 30% with Isabel!

ahhh nice nice, that gives me hope :smile:
Reply 13

nah your right still usable got 30% that garvin guy got 28% and the other dude saved 25%
Reply 14
Original post by Djerun
Question one. Answer = 6000

There was some algebraic question. It was something like 3x4T and I got 12t.

2. Put the numbers in order. Can't remember the numbers but fairly simple.

Some other question about 3kg of meat = 54 pounds. Asked you to figure out how much 1kg costs. 54 divided by 3 = 18.

Some question on houses. I got 220 as a total number of houses. Might of gotten that wrong.

The line was a radius.

Question on the area of the pyramid. I found the area of each triangle which was bxh divided by 2 = 12. I then multiplied 12 times 4 to find each of the faces. The base of the pyramid was a square with a side of 6. A square's sides are equal so I just did 6x6 to get 36. So 48 + 36.

There was some question on costs of a holiday. I went stupid and only divided the return tickets cost by four. I neglected to divide the others by 4 as I thought it only applied to the first one. I didn't realise all the costs were divided by 4. I might have redeemed one mark at the end by dividing one of the answers by 4. I got the probably wrong answer of 1100.

There were some ratio questions I can't remember the answers too.

There was question asking you to find 15 percent of 160. I divided 160 by 10 and then divided that by 2 to find 8. I then multipled 8 by 3 to get 15 percent/24.

The vectors were just adding and subtracting.

aren’t ya gunna post the rest of the answers?
Original post by Djerun
I was taking them away from 1. I had to keep stopping myself from subtracting 1 from the bigger number. My line ended up being slightly off

Yup same, I didn't plot all the points but it seemed to form a graph of some form, what direction did your line go up from? bottom
left corner or bottom right corner?
Reply 16
Original post by amira.9
aren’t ya gunna post the rest of the answers?

I'm doing this from memory.
Reply 17
Yup same, I didn't plot all the points but it seemed to form a graph of some form, what direction did your line go up from? bottom
left corner or bottom right corner?

Bottom right corner.

I ended up writing down the values for both the ways I would interprate the information. I just chose one and ended up with bottom right corner
Meybe someone have a Mark schema or something similar?
the graph question i did was okay you can swap the the equation to y=4x-1

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending