The Student Room Group

Southampton GEM A101 / BM4 Applicants for 2018 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Darren28
Callum, did you get a reply to this? Any chance you could post a link to the request, I can't find it online?

Cheers

Hi Darren, unfortunately nothing yet, just going by what I've found online they seem to take longer and exceed the time given to reply, will post the results as soon as I hear anything!
Original post by callummac94
Hi Darren, unfortunately nothing yet, just going by what I've found online they seem to take longer and exceed the time given to reply, will post the results as soon as I hear anything!

Thanks for your quick reply! That's a bit rubbish by them, is it not a legal requirement to reply within the given time? Is there a link to the request that you could send over anyway? Just for reference really,

Cheers
Thanks for your quick reply! That's a bit rubbish by them, is it not a legal requirement to reply within the given time? Is there a link to the request that you could send over anyway? Just for reference really,

Cheers

For some reason I can't find it online myself, I just received e-mail confirmation at the time. The cut off point was this morning so I will send them an e-mail chasing it up and see if they can give me any update
For some reason I can't find it online myself, I just received e-mail confirmation at the time. The cut off point was this morning so I will send them an e-mail chasing it up and see if they can give me any update

made a new request, https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/bm4_waiting_list_information#incoming-1146592

Great, thanks a lot for sorting this out. Hopefully we both sneak in late on from the waiting list!
Great, thanks a lot for sorting this out. Hopefully we both sneak in late on from the waiting list!

No worries, yeah fingers crossed! Gonna be a tense time up until September
Declined my offer last night so hoping someone on the waiting list will get it, good luck to all!
Reply 267
Original post by _CATG_
Declined my offer last night so hoping someone on the waiting list will get it, good luck to all!

Not on the waiting list but where have you decided to go?

Hey Callum. Any chance you could chase up Southampton through whatdotheyknow please?
Original post by rex2018
Hey Callum. Any chance you could chase up Southampton through whatdotheyknow please?

Already have done, still no reply. I don't think there's much chance of getting an answer from them, will just have to wait agonisingly till September
Just for anyone interested, I've ask to chase it up one last time but probably not going to after that, don't want to come across as being a pain, and probably not going to get any answers. Hopefully they'll just keep on sending out the automated e-mails and hopefully of few of us on the waiting list gets a place!
Just for anyone interested, I've ask to chase it up one last time but probably not going to after that, don't want to come across as being a pain, and probably not going to get any answers. Hopefully they'll just keep on sending out the automated e-mails and hopefully of few of us on the waiting list gets a place!

Thanks for trying to sort this Callum. Hopefully they get back to you soon...
Has anyone been accepted from the waiting list (or heard anything)?
Good news and bad news: finally got a response, bad news there's a very long waiting list

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/bm4_waiting_list_information#incoming-1146592

I've got mixed feelings about it. Not holding out hope for this year so trying to move forward with my application for next year. Good luck everyone!
Good news and bad news: finally got a response, bad news there's a very long waiting list

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/bm4_waiting_list_information#incoming-1146592

I've got mixed feelings about it. Not holding out hope for this year so trying to move forward with my application for next year. Good luck everyone!

Wow, it's mad how many people are on the list. Doesn't look very promising...

Thanks for sorting this Callum!
I called them. They have already made offers to people on the waiting list.
Original post by simplytheworst
Thanks for all the info, really appreciate it! I'm really interested in the early clinical exposure so pleased to hear you thought that seemed good. I got 810 in the UKCAT so I'm fairly confident I'll meet the UKCAT cut-off! How did you do?

How on Earth did you get 810??
Wow, it's mad how many people are on the list. Doesn't look very promising...

Thanks for sorting this Callum!

I know, it looks a bit ominous so I'm just going to try and do as much as I can this summer and re-apply next year, and maybe some of us will be lucky and get a Southampton place!
Applied for GEM but got an offer today for the 5 year course.. mixed feelings... Don't know if I should accept or not.
Original post by Mushycat
Applied for GEM but got an offer today for the 5 year course.. mixed feelings... Don't know if I should accept or not.

I think if you can fund the tuition fees for it then definitely go for it, I got offered a place on the 5 year course too but unfortunately because I couldn't get funding I had to turn it down.

Hope you make the best choice for you regardless

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending