The Student Room Group

Trump cancels summit with Kim Jong Un

post removed
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
I kind of hoped, against all the odds, that somehow dumb luck would prevail and Korea might actually get somewhere for once. Too much to hope for I suppose, now it's back to the status quo; military exercises, everyone shouting very loudly at each other and ICBM penis measuring contests (which Trump, I note, couldn't resist including in his letter as a parting shot). Oh well. :sigh:
Reply 3
that can't be real. 'ours are so massive and powerful'?? lol
Reply 4
Original post by Joleee
that can't be real. 'ours are so massive and powerful'?? lol

I literally lol'd reading that
Reply 5
Original post by YKing93
I literally lol'd reading that

now you got ME laughing!
God knows what he is up to, does he know the North Koreans are desperate?

Just earlier today there was breaking news they blew up the caves or whatever they had been testing weapons with.

Seems really weird there’s got to be inside info on the Americans side on this.
It depressing that the leader of the free world has the writing abilities of 12 year old.

As for the actual cancellation, I bet no one saw that coming. Back to Trump and Jong-Un shaking their tiny dicks at each other.

Give Trump the Nobel Peace Prize.
This just signals how naive many people on this forum are when it comes to their blind faith in Trump.

You had posters who genuinely thought he had achieved peace there and yet he and his administration have managed to screw this up in spectacular fashion.

Once again, Trump’s foreign policy is exposed for what it is, incredibly weak and ineffective.
is it just me or does The Big Orange's signature look like something from a seismograph ?

:holmes:

dtsig3.png
Does this mean the warming of relations with South Korea will now also come to an abrupt end? Was really pleasant seeing the two Korean Presidents holding hands and swapping banter over waking each other up due to missile launches etc.:tongue:
Trade wars are good and easy to win.

:facepalm::facepalm:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by CTLeafez
Does this mean the warming of relations with South Korea will now also come to an abrupt end? Was really pleasant seeing the two Korean Presidents holding hands and swapping banter over waking each other up due to missile launches etc.:tongue:

Moon Jae-In is still commited to the Sunshine Policy, and so I think he’ll be trying everything to keep relations warm in that respect. He’s been a lifelong advocate of it.

I can see N Korea lashing out after all of this, but Moon won’t be responding as harshly in return as compared to his predecessors (who cooled relations after the previous phase of warmth with the North back in 2008).
That last paragraph in the letter makes no sense
"but ours are so massive and powerful", is that really necessarily after North Korea agreed to get rid of their nukes and now he is rubbing it in his face? This sounds like deliberate sabotage and I doubt Trump actually wants denuclearisation of North Korea otherwise he wouldn't blow off an unprecedented historic meeting like this over a few heated words by Kimmy.

It kinda sounds like he wants Iran and North Korea to have nukes so he has an excuse to attack them.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Ninja Squirrel
"but ours are so massive and powerful", is that really necessarily after North Korea agreed to get rid of their nukes and now he is rubbing it in his face? This sounds like deliberate sabotage and I doubt Trump actually wants denuclearisation of North Korea otherwise he wouldn't blow off an unprecedented historic meeting like this over a few heated words by Kimmy.

It kinda sounds like he wants Iran and North Korea to have nukes so he has an excuse to attack them.

Kim never agreed to get rid of his nukes.....
Original post by Stalin

Well he is demolishing the nuclear test sites and part of the conditions of lifting sanctions was "the complete denuclearisation" of the Korean peninsula so this would include getting rid of any nukes already built.
Original post by Stalin

well the americans never agreed to do anything either.If they were actually serious about it then they could have at least not done the whole military drill thing which everyone knew would piss Noth korea off.
Didn't he already scare Kim into talks already but now he is right back at "we could kill every one of you better hope we don't".

What a moron.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending