The Student Room Group

Year 9 english language paper 2

I'm in year 9 and recently we got our results from our english language paper two exam which was marked like a GCSE. I got 57/80 which is just level 8 on this paper for GCSE standards, level 9 is 62 ,5 marks away. I did well on questions 3 and 5. Q3 got 10/12 and question 5 got 34/40. I messed up bad on question 4 which lost me marks surprisingly because I tend to get 12-14 out of 16 on this question. I got 6/16. I'm in year 9 and GCSE's are in year 11 so by then I'm aiming to get a 9 on english language. Are there any methods you'd recommend to get higher marks on Q2 and Q4 of english language consistently because I tend to not spend enough time on question 2 and I over-complicate question 4. Any suggestions?
Original post by Nina898
I'm in year 9 and recently we got our results from our english language paper two exam which was marked like a GCSE. I got 57/80 which is just level 8 on this paper for GCSE standards, level 9 is 62 ,5 marks away. I did well on questions 3 and 5. Q3 got 10/12 and question 5 got 34/40. I messed up bad on question 4 which lost me marks surprisingly because I tend to get 12-14 out of 16 on this question. I got 6/16. I'm in year 9 and GCSE's are in year 11 so by then I'm aiming to get a 9 on english language. Are there any methods you'd recommend to get higher marks on Q2 and Q4 of english language consistently because I tend to not spend enough time on question 2 and I over-complicate question 4. Any suggestions?

For paper 2 question 4 how do you structure your answer ?
Reply 2
Original post by fentydrug
For paper 2 question 4 how do you structure your answer ?

Unfortunately I don't have my paper with the question, the teacher does so I can't show you the structure but I was told that the issue was more to do with being repetitive and not being clear enough about what it portrays and instead goung straight onto the methodology and terminology.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending