The Student Room Group

WJEC Eduqas English Lit component 1 2018

how does everyone think it went? i did macbeth and the question was a bit weird but not that hard.
the poem was great though! everyone i know predicted it would be warl
Yeah it went good but I was rushing for time. What did you write for the violence essay? I’m so disappointed I didn’t analyse form and use of structure as much as I wanted😭😭
Reply 2
Original post by >>saimah<<
Yeah it went good but I was rushing for time. What did you write for the violence essay? I’m so disappointed I didn’t analyse form and use of structure as much as I wanted😭😭
i did Macbeth and the violence question threw me off slightly because the quotes i had remembered didn't really refer directly to violence, however, i applied the knowledge about vocalised violence within the play and how this provides the foundations for the entire play, yet violence is a theme that tends to be overlooked. i slightly alluded to the beginning about Golgotha and part of that quote but i didn't know it in depth.
Original post by >>saimah<<

i just said that for ex the murder of duncan was too violent to be shown on stage?
and that banquo and macbeth are both violent characters yet macbeth is the baddie suggesting that being violent isnt necessarily a bad thing.
idk its a really weird ass question, none of the quotes i learned had anything to do with violence lol apart from the dagger.
Original post by elllen3
i did Macbeth and the violence question threw me off slightly because the quotes i had remembered didn't really refer directly to violence, however, i applied the knowledge about vocalised violence within the play and how this provides the foundations for the entire play, yet violence is a theme that tends to be overlooked. i slightly alluded to the beginning about Golgotha and part of that quote but i didn't know it in depth.

Yeah, I couldn’t recall too many direct quotes but I did write a fair lot and picked up on the motif of blood and the somewhat cyclical structure of beheadings which is fairly violent but mostly, waffling got me through that essay😂 -guess we’ll just have to wait for results day👀

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending