The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature Paper 2 Predictions

I do Power and Conflict and inspector calls - what do you think the poem’s going to be? i was thinking maybe london or war photographer or something. also, maybe eric for AIC?

Scroll to see replies

I do hope the poem isn’t tissue or the emigree
Reply 2
Can't lie I think it's gonna be remains or war photographer
Going off of last years papers, we probably wont see anything on conflict for poetry, and nothing on Mrs Birling presented as unlikable and The Inspector used to suggest ways to improve society. HOWEVER they may still come up, especially the conflict, so it is best to revise everything to be sure.
Original post by blackthrn
I do Power and Conflict and inspector calls - what do you think the poem’s going to be? i was thinking maybe london or war photographer or something. also, maybe eric for AIC?

I'm hoping for a whole essay on Edna
Reply 5
Original post by Jrizzyyy
Can't lie I think it's gonna be remains or war photographer

hope it’s not remains - that’s my favourite poem and i use it for everything i can ahahaha. war photographer would be great with a nice effects of conflict
Honestly with Literature paper 1 I can see Identity or Nature for poetry maybe Kamikaze. For AIC character questions will probably be Sheila if not the theme will be something to do with her (mainly)
Reply 7
Original post by 0liviawhittle
I do hope the poem isn’t tissue or the emigree

same if it is i may just walk straight out. if tissue is on power of nature though i’ll probably attempt to compare it to exposure or ozymandias
given there is no higher and lower paper, the questions have to be fairly open ended, so it will probably only ask for how the poet presents power or conflict.
Reply 9
Original post by Sirandomness
given there is no higher and lower paper, the questions have to be fairly open ended, so it will probably only ask for how the poet presents power or conflict.

it wasn’t last year or on the specimens, they were more specific
Reply 10
Original post by lotusberry10
Honestly with Literature paper 1 I can see Identity or Nature for poetry maybe Kamikaze. For AIC character questions will probably be Sheila if not the theme will be something to do with her (mainly)

sheila had a specimen so she’s unlikely to come up
given there aren't any specimens (that I can find) since 2014 that part is gone unless they just haven't put them on the website, which wouldn't surprise me given its AQA. and last year's paper did just state 'effects of war'
Original post by Kakemono
I'm hoping for a whole essay on Edna

Wat wud u even write about edna????
Reply 13
Original post by Sirandomness
given there aren't any specimens (that I can find) since 2014 that part is gone unless they just haven't put them on the website, which wouldn't surprise me given its AQA. and last year's paper did just state 'effects of war'

just got them off the website - it did actually just ask power for ozymandias
Original post by Nottoknow
Wat wud u even write about edna????

Analyse these quotes:
"Please, sir, an inspector's called"
"A police inspector. He says his name's Inspector Goole."
"Yes, sir. He says it's very important"
"Inspector Goole"
isnt that the 2014 specimen? only reason I didn't include it is because it's 4 years old so I doubt it's valid for guessing questions at this point
Last years was a War poem (Bayonet Charge) (Effects of war) so a war poem is unlikely BUT still possible depending on how nice they want to be with open questions. Charge of light brigade , Exposure, bayonet charge , remains and war photographer were possible comparisons. My overall prediction for the poem given would be London and they would ask how does the poet present anger. However there are only a few poems to compare it too so its unlikely. Individual experiences has a lot of poems you can compare, AQA could be shits and give us that (Most likely giving us War photographer or remains)
Original post by lotusberry10
Last years was a War poem (Bayonet Charge) (Effects of war) so a war poem is unlikely BUT still possible depending on how nice they want to be with open questions. Charge of light brigade , Exposure, bayonet charge , remains and war photographer were possible comparisons. My overall prediction for the poem given would be London and they would ask how does the poet present anger. However there are only a few poems to compare it too so its unlikely. Individual experiences has a lot of poems you can compare, AQA could be shits and give us that (Most likely giving us War photographer or remains)

if it all goes to **** and we get tissue just comment on how its an extended metaphor and the poets husband died of cancer nd your sorted.
Anyone got any qoutes for Edna? 2 lang 2 struc plz?
Reply 19
AIC question could possibly be about gender and class etc, given the current affairs of the modern world to date(i.e trump).
Hope to god they also give us london or the prelude, as emigree and ozy can be compared easily with repsect to bothh

Quick Reply

Latest