The Student Room Group

A level stress!!!!!!!!

I’m doing my AS exams atm. And I feel stressed out with everything. I’m doing four subjects atm; aqa biology, wjec medical science, aqa art and level 3 health and social care.
I’m hoping to get into paediatric nursing for uni but I feel I can’t cope to get the requirement grades.
I could drop a subject and just focus on 3 but I’m not even sure which one I should?
Should I wait for as results in August? Try resit if they’re bad? Or just keep all of them? Or drop the one I’m doing least well in?
So much stress😢.
Hello! Try not to stress so much. I studied Biology, Chemistry, Maths and History when I did my A levels and completed all to A2. I know you are doing a BTEC too. If I were you I would focus on the A levels if things are getting too much for you. Try to avoid resits as much as possible!
Reply 2
Original post by DrXavier
Hello! Try not to stress so much. I studied Biology, Chemistry, Maths and History when I did my A levels and completed all to A2. I know you are doing a BTEC too. If I were you I would focus on the A levels if things are getting too much for you. Try to avoid resits as much as possible!

Am honestly trying not to, but just worried I won’t get the required grades. What’s ones are best to keep if goes downhill?
Honestly, I think you should drop art. Art in Y13 takes up soooo much of your time and you're probably going to stress A LOT about it. Your other subjects are relevant to what you want to do in uni so I think it would be best if you put all your effort into those and just forget art. You can always keep it as a hobby :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Estarossa
Honestly, I think you should drop art. Art in Y13 takes up soooo much of your time and you're probably going to stress A LOT about it. Your other subjects are relevant to what you want to do in uni so I think it would be best if you put all your effort into those and just forget art. You can always keep it as a hobby :smile:

I have noticed that already, it’s nice to enjoy as practical subject compared to all my written subjects, I’ll consider that idea thank you.
Original post by Cookie446
Am honestly trying not to, but just worried I won’t get the required grades. What’s ones are best to keep if goes downhill?

I think it is best to keep your a levels personally!
I have noticed that already, it’s nice to enjoy as practical subject compared to all my written subjects, I’ll consider that idea thank you.

I understand what you mean :smile: I think as long it doesn't add additional stress to you, it should be OK, but talking from experience (did my final exam 3 weeks ago), I found the subject to be one of the most stressful for me but don't let that stop you. Hope everything goes well! Don't stress to much at the moment since you've already got 1 more year left. What's your grade requirements for uni?
Reply 7
Original post by Estarossa
I understand what you mean :smile: I think as long it doesn't add additional stress to you, it should be OK, but talking from experience (did my final exam 3 weeks ago), I found the subject to be one of the most stressful for me but don't let that stop you. Hope everything goes well! Don't stress to much at the moment since you've already got 1 more year left. What's your grade requirements for uni?

ABB or BBB for a few universities I’ve checked
Reply 8
Or 120 UCAS points
ABB or BBB for a few universities I’ve checked

Ahhh I see. You still have plenty of time to think about all of this so don't let it stress you out so much and I'm sure you're going to do just fine :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest