The Student Room Group

OCR sources of law 2018 predictions

Has anyone got predictions for the sources of law paper for 2018, a quick reply would be great!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by smithben
Has anyone got predictions for the sources of law paper for 2018, a quick reply would be great!

Surely not statutory interpretation
Reply 2
No I would not think so, my own predictions were either EU law with judicial precedent OR Deligated legislation and Judicial president
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
dont forget law reform: the role of the law commission and the problems they encounter in fulfilling their role
Reply 4
My teachers predicted Judicial precedent and statutory interpretation despite it having been repeated for many years. Judicial precedent hasn’t been on the paper since 2014!
Reply 5
any last min topics everyone is looking at?
Good luck let’s all hope JP is on it
Reply 7
Well it was DL and JP hoping it went well anyone know how they answered the scenario question?
Reply 8
Well it was DL and JP hoping it went well anyone know how they answered the scenario question?

I did the 2nd one. Finished with time to spare so I was a tad suspicious
Reply 9
Original post by SethMtv
I did the 2nd one. Finished with time to spare so I was a tad suspicious

What did u put for Q2 I put; reversing, overfilling and distinguishing but I think it may have been overusing, overfilling, distinguishing?
What did u put for Q2 I put; reversing, overfilling and distinguishing but I think it may have been overusing, overfilling, distinguishing?

I forgot what the question was, but I know for the last one it was distinguishing for sure.
Reply 11
Original post by SethMtv
I forgot what the question was, but I know for the last one it was distinguishing for sure.

What about Q1 cuz I only briefly described Ratio and Obtier and then talked about reversing and overruling more
Didn’t like the last one how it only asked for advantages of JP it should have asked for both arguments
I didn’t get C part 1 did it ask for the development of the practice statement so the London street tramways cases 1898 then the practice statement 1966, then Conway v rimmer and shivpuri for criminal, pepper v heart for Hansard then finally Austin v Southwark showing that it was transferred to the Supreme Court under the constitution reform act, is that correct??
Or was it asking for something else?
Reply 15
Original post by Lewis199913
I didn’t get C part 1 did it ask for the development of the practice statement so the London street tramways cases 1898 then the practice statement 1966, then Conway v rimmer and shivpuri for criminal, pepper v heart for Hansard then finally Austin v Southwark showing that it was transferred to the Supreme Court under the constitution reform act, is that correct??

I think so I just talked about everything for the practice statement but the questions were worded weirdly in my opinion
Yeah it was asking about the practice directions which I’ve never heard of I just presumed it meant practice statement and wrote about the development of it and how it was used in cases, and how there’s a reluctance to use it.
Also was the last 5 mark question, distinguishing?
Reply 18
Also was the last 5 mark question, distinguishing?

Can u remember your other scenario answers?
Didn’t like the last one how it only asked for advantages of JP it should have asked for both arguments

I wish they asked for both arguments too, but I managed to think of 7 solid advantages thankfully

Quick Reply

Latest