The Student Room Group

Provisional license without a passport

Hi All,
I want to apply for my provisional license online but I lost and cancelled my passport via HMRC. So I don't have one anymore. If I apply for my Provisional Driving License online how do I send my National Insurance Number and Birth Certificate to validate who I am and get my license? Whats the Process for applying for a provisional license online without a passport?
Reply 1
Original post by Marissenq
Hi All,
I want to apply for my provisional license online but I lost and cancelled my passport via HMRC. So I don't have one anymore. If I apply for my Provisional Driving License online how do I send my National Insurance Number and Birth Certificate to validate who I am and get my license? Whats the Process for applying for a provisional license online without a passport?

You cancelled it with HMRC? Interesting..

Just apply online as normal and the DVLA will send out a supplementary form for you to fill out, attach a countersigned photograph, and your identity documents. Easy!
Reply 2
Quite similar to myself
filled out my Application online and paid via direct debit I thought that would have been that done & dusted , but it seems there is still another part I received an email stating I would receive a Completed application form within a week and I must complete & send back to the DVLA ? Why is this anyone had the same problem ? Also what is the form they are going to send out is it the same one you can pick up if you were applying for a provisional with a written application or is it just to attach a photo ? Cheers
Original post by IWMTom
You cancelled it with HMRC? Interesting..

Just apply online as normal and the DVLA will send out a supplementary form for you to fill out, attach a countersigned photograph, and your identity documents. Easy!
Reply 3
Original post by Dogg66
Quite similar to myself
filled out my Application online and paid via direct debit I thought that would have been that done & dusted , but it seems there is still another part I received an email stating I would receive a Completed application form within a week and I must complete & send back to the DVLA ? Why is this anyone had the same problem ? Also what is the form they are going to send out is it the same one you can pick up if you were applying for a provisional with a written application or is it just to attach a photo ? Cheers

To attach a photo.
Reply 4
Cheers , was thinking that today tbh better get along to The post office then to get some Photos taken , as I’d assume I’d will arrive before the week if they estimate giving it a week
Hi I've got similar problem I only have a birth certificate no other I'd types I went to the bank, and they just printed me a statement can I use that and I've only got a set time to send it back
Original post by Marissenq
Hi All,

*licence
Reply 7
Original post by Millsy2020
Hi I've got similar problem I only have a birth certificate no other I'd types I went to the bank, and they just printed me a statement can I use that and I've only got a set time to send it back

Just use your birth certificate and National Insurance letter...

Quick Reply

Latest