The Student Room Group

Edexcel English lit forgot to do unseen poetry ??

Help I had my paper 2 English literature exam today and completely forgot to do the unseen poetry question at the back
Will it still be ok
Aiming for a level 5
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i mean not really because you may have performed badly in the questions, whereas if you had unseen you would be able to level out the grade
Reply 2
Original post by Scogi54
Help I had my paper 2 English literature exam today and completely forgot to do the unseen poetry question at the back
Will it still be ok

Well that’s 20% of the exam

And last year it was 78% for a 7

So you’re chances of getting an A grade or a 7 are down he drain. So you’ll probably get a grade 3/4 or 5 if you’re good at English and good lol aha LOL!
Depending on what grade you are planning on getting. Since you missed out 20 marks and the paper is out of 80 marks, you can still get L7 - L8 as long as you did good on your other questions.

(I have no clue what the boundaries are, I'm just guessing that 75% is L8)
Reply 4
Not that it really helps but my friend did the same thing
Original post by bilalsheraz7

So you’re chances of getting an A grade or a 7 are down he drain. So you’ll probably get a grade 3/4 or 5 if you’re good at English and good lol aha LOL!

an 8 was 78%.......
Its also only 12.5% of the exam
Reply 6
I done hopefully really well on the other questions such as the extract and wrote 4 pages on how terror is shown elsewhere in the novel of Jekyll and Hyde
And I done the first poetry question with the comparison so hopefully still got around 45-50 marks
Reply 7
Original post by rimshaxo
i mean not really because you may have performed badly in the questions, whereas if you had unseen you would be able to level out the grade

I wrote pages and pages for the other questions and the first Seen poetry
You should be fine :smile: there’s always the rest of paper two and your paper one aswell to make up for some of it
Original post by Scogi54
Will it still be ok

thats not very clever
With Edexcel, unseen poetry is worth 12.5% of the final grade. Our class was told by the teacher that we simply couldn't afford to miss a whole 20 marks, but putting it into perspective, you shouldn't be too harmed by it.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by indie.sxnds
You should be fine :smile: there’s always the rest of paper two and your paper one aswell to make up for some of it

Thank you
Reply 12
Original post by Tolgarda
In Edexcel, the unseen poetry is worth 12.5% of the final grade. You better hope that you completed most of Paper 1 and 2 to a nigh-perfect standard.

Yes in the Jekyll and Hyde I went into very high detailed answers Lang+structure so hopefully banking on that and I done the first poetry comparison with the SEEN poetry a complaint so then In the paper 1 I wrote lots about Mr Birling and in the Romeo and Juliet not too bad so I’m hoping that they will support and back up what I haven’t answered in the UNSEEN poetry paper
Aiming for around a 5= a C
Reply 13
Original post by Fiyero
Not that it really helps but my friend did the same thing

Ahh not only one
Reply 14
Original post by I_Stress_Eat
Depending on what grade you are planning on getting. Since you missed out 20 marks and the paper is out of 80 marks, you can still get L7 - L8 as long as you did good on your other questions.

(I have no clue what the boundaries are, I'm just guessing that 75% is L8)

Hoping for a grade 5 = C
Original post by Scogi54
Hoping for a grade 5 = C

do you think out of the 60 marks you have done you will get 45-50
Original post by bilalsheraz7

Lol shut up who said you did any better??
If you did well in the other sections and paper one you should be able to get a 5 overall. I know it’s easier said than done but don’t beat yourself up over it, it’s in the past and there’s nothing you can do to reverse it now x
Reply 18
Original post by lol1223
do you think out of the 60 marks you have done you will get 45-50

I’m quite convinced that is the case due to the level of detail I went into
Reply 19
Original post by kamilaaa
If you did well in the other sections and paper one you should be able to get a 5 overall. I know it’s easier said than done but don’t beat yourself up over it, it’s in the past and there’s nothing you can do to reverse it now x

Thank you 😊 good point

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending