The Student Room Group

We were given our poetry anthologies in our English literature GCSE

In our GCSE English Literature with AQA we were accidentally given the poetry anthologies. Halfway through the exam, our school realised they’d messed up and the invigilators took them all off us. Our school has told AQA what’s happened and it’s been called ‘centre maladministration’. AQA have said that ‘no candidate’s exam grade will be adversely affected by this error made by the school’. What do you think will happen?

Will they use mock results, predicted grades, mark it anyway... no one has any idea?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by samLubrano
In our GCSE English Literature with AQA we were accidentally given the poetry anthologies. Halfway through the exam, our school realised they’d messed up and the invigilators took them all of us. Our school has told AQA what’s happened and it’s been called ‘centre maladministration’. AQA have said that ‘no candidate’s exam grade will be adversely affected by this error made by the school’. What do you think will happen?

Will they use mock results, predicted grades, mark it anyway... no one has any idea?

It’s technically cheating.
And a lot of exam boards will just give you a fail.
However it is the schools fault and yet again they should know better ~ after we were not the first year to sit the new English exams. They might investigate because if they gave you the anthologies then most likely they gave it to previous years.
Personally I don’t know what will happen but their is a good chance they might classify is as “cheating” and tbf fair enough because other schools are not allowed to bring anthologies into the exam.
You could email them and tell them what’s happened...
Reply 2
Original post by Kev lad

They might investigate because if they gave you the anthologies then most likely they gave it to previous years.

The school definitely didn’t give the anthology last year’s students and they were the first year to do the new GCSE.
Reply 3
The school definitely didn’t give the anthology last year’s students and they were the first year to do the new GCSE.

Alright fair enough.
But yet again your school gave you access to the anthologies.
That’s like giving your class access to the guaranteed maths topics or revision guide during your exam.
If i was you I would email aqa just to double check that you will get you fair grade.
Most likely they might take a certain percentage off of your overall mark...
In our GCSE English Literature with AQA we were accidentally given the poetry anthologies. Halfway through the exam, our school realised they’d messed up and the invigilators took them all off us. Our school has told AQA what’s happened and it’s been called ‘centre maladministration’. AQA have said that ‘no candidate’s exam grade will be adversely affected by this error made by the school’. What do you think will happen?

I'm surprised a school would do this as it is the second year but you probably won't get mock results as they would assume you had the anthology for that which also means they wouldn't use for predicted grades as they're based on mocks. I don't think they would mark it as it is unfair to other schools thst didn't get it. tour whole year but have to retake the exam which is unfortunate because the test was easy.

Quick Reply

Latest