The Student Room Group

AQA are the best

Jekyll and Hyde: Mystery and Tension(every other quote links to this)
Inspector Calls: Social Class(BEST QUESTION-MAIN THEME)
Power and Conflict: Ozymandias(THIS CAME UP IN LAST YEAR'S SPECIMEN, but was too easy especially with Mr Bruff's grade 9 notes in the back of my head)

This year was too easy.
This will OBVIOUSLY result in the grade boundaries to be HIGH!!!!!
R.I.P all students trying to get a 9.
Aqa tricked us thinking that we wont revise that much for Ozymandias since it came up in the specimen paper.Nice one AQA!!
Tbh one of our pigeon English questions (section a) was really difficult but I think everyone picked the easy(er) one.
Agreed that the poetry question was lovely:heart: it didn’t even specify a type of power:rave:
Original post by I'mComingOxford
Power and Conflict: Ozymandias(THIS CAME UP IN LAST YEAR'S SPECIMEN, but was too easy especially with Mr Bruff's grade 9 notes in the back of my head)

This year was too easy.
disappointed by AQA the exam was too easy. The poetry question was too easy but I think lots of people would have struggled as they had the easy poem in front of them. I compared to the prelude which is difficult but I learnt it.
ye
the grade boundaries might lower due to hard questions on other exam boards and stuff
people didn't expect Ozymandias and struggled and struggled with the Macbeth and they probably talked about the supernatural instead of the ATTITUDES towards it lol
@Toastiekid would this be right?
i talked about how power is shown in Ozymandias and my last duchess through the language form and structure
then the second half I said how power is undermined
instead of showing how power if presented as X
think it went well
way better than my paper 1
Reply 6

This year was too easy.

Well I mean... If this year was too easy, then I don't see how it is a R.I.P for people trying to get a grade 9 as the proportion of people of achieving it shouldn't be any different than if it wasn't easy.

I'm hoping for a 5
(edited 5 years ago)
true
but last year many people got a 9 despite their terrible essays as lots of people did bad due to being the first year and they made the boundary for a 9 lower to around 85%.
if people did well then they would bring it up to ensure a certain amount receive it
ye
the grade boundaries might lower due to hard questions on other exam boards and stuff
people didn't expect Ozymandias and struggled and struggled with the Macbeth and they probably talked about the supernatural instead of the ATTITUDES towards it lol

you can talk about the supernatural as long as you show it affects macbeth and banquo. if everyone did that it's not a problem. it's only a problem when someone talks about the witches prophecies without relating to how macbeth and banquo react. macbeth is driven by his hubris. whereas banquo is the foil. I think that's fine.
@Toastiekid would this be right?
i talked about how power is shown in Ozymandias and my last duchess through the language form and structure
then the second half I said how power is undermined
instead of showing how power if presented as X
think it went well
way better than my paper 1

Sounds good:thumbsup:
What did you come to the conclusion of at the end?

This year was too easy.

I wish you did Love and relationship poetry, youd have a very different viewpoint
LOL
im so lucky i ddin't
completely irrelevant to english but aqa did not have nice science papers
i did love and relationships so not exactly happy:frown::frown:
Original post by Toastiekid
Sounds good:thumbsup:
What did you come to the conclusion of at the end?

that power is temporary and nature outlives human power
that power is temporary and nature outlives human power

that’s a good conclusion:thumbsup:
You can focus on end of year now:hugs: I’d move on from the exam; you can’t actually know how you did and you can’t change anything now.
ye thanks
i will focus on maths and science now the grind starts on sunday

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending