The Student Room Group

Bomb detonated inside Canadian restaurant injuring 15 people

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44255921

Canadian police have launched a huge manhunt for two suspects who set off a homemade bomb at a restaurant in a Toronto suburb.

Peel Regional Police has asked for the public's help to identify the men behind the "horrendous act", which injured 15 people, three critically. Two suspects entered the Bombay Bhel restaurant in Mississauga and detonated the improvised bomb on Thursday night.

The pair then fled the scene after the blast at 22:30 local time. "There is no indication this is a terrorist act," Peel Regional Police Chief Jennifer said, "no indication this is a hate crime."
pathetic
i do not agree with the attack
"There is no indication this is a terrorist act"

:toofunny:
Original post by Stalin
"There is no indication this is a terrorist act"

:toofunny:

Assuming it is an anti-immigrant attack, I'm just surprised it didn't target Eskimos. Canadians talk about them almost like Europeans talk about gypsies.
Reply 5
Original post by AngeryPenguin
Assuming it is an anti-immigrant attack, I'm just surprised it didn't target Eskimos. Canadians talk about them almost like Europeans talk about gypsies.

I must admit that made me giggle a wee bit
Reply 6
this is not going to be a popular opinion but we need to stop publishing this stuff every time it happens. all it does is shock and titillate readers for a split second before they go about their day, but it gives bad guys WAY too many bad ideas. bad guys do bad things because they want to get noticed; if they stop giving it to them we might actually prevent copy-cats. imho, let's save the news for when they actually get sentenced.
Excellent point joleee
The same has been said by hundreds of psychologists over the last 20 years about school shootings.
Funny enough the same Media who are very pro gun reform and want millions of Law Abiding people to give up their guns won't do the one simple thing that they can do that will make a major difference in these cases IE, not naming the person or showing their picture.
That's all .....they can still report it, they can still show aerial shots of kids running out of the school with their hands on their heads, still show the body of the killer covered up, but just not name or show his picture.
But no they won't do this.😕

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending