The Student Room Group

is anyone doing jane eyre for gcses?

how is it going for you if you are?
Reply 1
yh i am! it doesn't seem like many people do it. I'm finding it harder than the rest of english lit cos it's such as big book with so many themes i'm finding it hard to know them all well
I do it, I am honestly struggling
Reply 3
Original post by jim24
yh i am! it doesn't seem like many people do it. I'm finding it harder than the rest of english lit cos it's such as big book with so many themes i'm finding it hard to know them all well

how did you find the exam? what i revised was useable on the essay but i was short on time bc of macbeth :frown: but overall im okay with it
Reply 4
Original post by Yang2204
I do it, I am honestly struggling

it had me rly stressed bc its so big but the exam question wasnt bad for me bc i revised the events related to jane being distressed. how did you find it? jane eyre is difficult so lets hope we get a bit more marks for it!
Original post by isadiya
it had me rly stressed bc its so big but the exam question wasnt bad for me bc i revised the events related to jane being distressed. how did you find it? jane eyre is difficult so lets hope we get a bit more marks for it!

I took a really massive gamble by Revising only the red room and her first interactions with Bertha so I was really lucky
Reply 6
Original post by Yang2204
I took a really massive gamble by Revising only the red room and her first interactions with Bertha so I was really lucky

yeah same im glad it came up! how was paper two for you? even tho i had ozymandius i didnt like the paper bc there was so much to do and all my ideas were all over the place i think i did rly bad overall
Original post by isadiya
yeah same im glad it came up! how was paper two for you? even tho i had ozymandius i didnt like the paper bc there was so much to do and all my ideas were all over the place i think i did rly bad overall

I did love and relationships, I kept telling myself Singh sing would come up but I guess it did and for AIC I guess it was alright
what extract did the 2018 people get ?
Original post by malik123456
what extract did the 2018 people get ?

If I remember correctly, we had a quote in which Juliet was talking to her parents (just before the bit where her dad gets really mad at her) and the question was about the portrayal of relationships between the younger and older generation. I spoke about Juliet and her dad, Juliet and the nurse and Romeo being distant from his parents as a contrasting feature.
Original post by Conniestitution
If I remember correctly, we had a quote in which Juliet was talking to her parents (just before the bit where her dad gets really mad at her) and the question was about the portrayal of relationships between the younger and older generation. I spoke about Juliet and her dad, Juliet and the nurse and Romeo being distant from his parents as a contrasting feature.

Damn, I was actually hoping for that extract (not that the one we got wasn't bad either). AQA kids got it good, from my perspective anyway.
Original post by Tolgarda
Damn, I was actually hoping for that extract (not that the one we got wasn't bad either). AQA kids got it good, from my perspective anyway.

It was honestly quite good, but as far as I can remember it was only before the fight. From the extract, you could only really analyse tension and formal language because it stopped before any of the name-calling started. If you remembered the next part of the scene you were set though.
Original post by Conniestitution
It was honestly quite good, but as far as I can remember it was only before the fight. From the extract, you could only really analyse tension and formal language because it stopped before any of the name-calling started. If you remembered the next part of the scene you were set though.

We got Lord Capulet conciliating Tybalt at the Capulet party, a bit boring but enough to work with really. Our global analysis of the play was in response to a question about the theme of power. Once again, a bit dull, but definitely doable.
Original post by Tolgarda
We got Lord Capulet conciliating Tybalt at the Capulet party, a bit boring but enough to work with really. Our global analysis of the play was in response to a question about the theme of power. Once again, a bit dull, but definitely doable.

Agreed. In comparison mine was quite interesting - because the question was quite vague you had opportunities to talk about close, distant, loving and aggressive relationships. You could also talk about how the different generations behaved, which was hugely useful in linking to the whole R&J conflict :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending