The Student Room Group

Is it right for teens to shave

I shaved my mustache once and I seemed to look incredibly ugly. I don't know why people are insistent on the fact that teens shouldn't shave but I do have to agree that it is unpleasant to see.

I'd like to know if I should shave and what is the best way cuz I might b be doing something wrong?

Thank you for your answers
you wot m8?!?!
Isn't that what dads are for? To show you how to shave?

I guess some teens get acne, though, so got to be careful...
Reply 3
Original post by TCA2b
Isn't that what dads are for? To show you how to shave?

I guess some teens get acne, though, so got to be careful...

My dad tells me not to shave whereas literally everyone tells me to do so
Original post by sayko123
My dad tells me not to

Strange! Any reason why?
Reply 5
Original post by TCA2b
Strange! Any reason why?

He believes that it'll grow longer and I'll have to shave every week
Reply 6

If by longer he means faster, then yes it will grow faster, but only as a result of puberty. Shaving will not cause it to grow faster. It will, however, remove the baby hairs meaning that it will grow through looking thicker (but not necessarily being thicker) than it did before you shaved.
Well if teenage girls are told to shave then so should teenage boys.
Original post by Styxal
If by longer he means faster, then yes it will grow faster, but only as a result of puberty. Shaving will not cause it to grow faster. It will, however, remove the baby hairs meaning that it will grow through looking thicker (but not necessarily being thicker) than it did before you shaved.

I hate it when people say this. It’s just a myth but so many people believe it and are so scared to shave because it will grow back faster and twice as thick lol
Please do shave.
When i was in high school a lot of guys thought they were cool if they didn't shave. But it looked disgusting on most of them.
When you're young your beard growth is limited and you probably have really thin and few hairs. It looks stupid and immature.
Haha
Reply 11

Lool exactly what my dad did. First time it may look weird but it'll start to look better after a while
Mustache doesn’t generally look bad, but you can either fully accept it and embrace it, or shave it all. Puberty-mustache is usually not all-out mustache, and it might not look that nice (but you might look awesome in it, I don’t know). If you want to cut it, and you feel like it would make you more confident about how you look, nothing should stop you. Be careful though if you don’t know how to use a razor properly!
Original post by JadaSealy
Well if teenage girls are told to shave then so should teenage boys.

No one should be told to shave
don't you have some great genes when it comes to hair :colondollar: you got the thicccccccest hair around
Yeah i think us dudes look weird with facial hair as a teenager. To me it kinda makes it look like the guy just doesnt know how to groom himself.
Reply 16

Shaving takes less than 3-4 minutes every few days, so how would it be an issue in the slightest?
Reply 17
I had a proper beard at 16, it was great.

Quick Reply

Latest