The Student Room Group

The "5-2" diet...

Does anyone have any experience of the 5-2 diet? :smile:
Quelle surprise. :smile:
That’s doesn’t sound healthy at all :nah: I wouldn’t advise you go on it....
Original post by laurawatt
That’s doesn’t sound healthy at all :nah: I wouldn’t advise you go on it....

Thanks for the reply.

What is your advice based on? :smile:
Original post by JAMIEJAY2018
Thanks for the reply.

What is your advice based on? :smile:

Some articles that I read online a few minutes ago. Eating normally for 5 days and then eating 600 calories for 2 days doesn’t seem the best way of losing weight. Just eat healthily, cut unnecessary sugars etc. out of your diet and do exercise :smile:
Some articles that I read online a few minutes ago. Eating normally for 5 days and then eating 600 calories for 2 days doesn’t seem the best way of losing weight. Just eat healthily, cut unnecessary sugars etc. out of your diet and do exercise :smile:

Although I thank you for your valued input...

I do think the subject is a little more complex than a quick 'googleated' search.

I am certainly not going to get involved in a mass debate but I do think that the diet may be valid - there seems to be some very qualified and respected professionals that concur. :smile:
Although I thank you for your valued input...

I do think the subject is a little more complex than a quick 'googleated' search.

I am certainly not going to get involved in a mass debate but I do think that the diet may be valid - there seems to be some very qualified and respected professionals that concur. :smile:

That’s okay :smile: just giving my input - no offence intended :smile:
Does anyone have any experience of the 5-2 diet? :smile:

A friends Mum does that diet and it works well for her, just make sure you are eating the 500 calories minimum and don’t do too much demanding physical activity on such little calories.
I wouldn’t recommend combining that diet with an exercise regime because your body needs more primary energy to work from! If it was me I’d probably be fainting left,right and centre so if you don’t get on with it then don’t push yourself and try an alternative.
Reply 8
There's science to suggest it works and is not all bad for you however it's not very sustainable and the type of thing you read in a women's magazine.
That’s okay :smile: just giving my input - no offence intended :smile:

Hi

Input is never bad.

TBH, I (perhaps we all do) just want to decrease the level of my 'red meat' intake and perhaps increase my intake of 'oily fish' and 'omega-3'. :smile:
I'm doing 5-2 now.. It's working, have to deal with being hungry twice a week. What are you aiming for? . Its easy to combine with intermittent fasting and carb cycling too.
Original post by Rakas21
There's science to suggest it works and is not all bad for you however it's not very sustainable and the type of thing you read in a women's magazine.

A "women's magazine"?

Clarify please. :smile:
A "women's magazine"?

Clarify please. :smile:

Magazines like 'Hello' ect.. are the types that constantly spout crap advocating weight loss pills, losing more than a stone per month and countless 'diets' which no sane person can maintain.

The general fact is that most Brits do not exercise enough and do not eat enough fruit and veg. Do these things and you probably lose weight at a good rate.
Original post by Rakas21
Magazines like 'Hello' ect.. are the types that constantly spout crap advocating weight loss pills, losing more than a stone per month and countless 'diets' which no sane person can maintain.

The general fact is that most Brits do not exercise enough and do not eat enough fruit and veg. Do these things and you probably lose weight at a good rate.

Well, thanks for the input. :smile:
My progress so far. Am actually starting to see my abs (just) first time ever! I fast twice a week, on those days I eat no carbs, only protein and veg (or sometimes 7eggs as the maths is easy) fast days =600kcals I'm combining it with kettlebells:
20 turkish get ups (16kg) 10per side.
3x10 clean and press (10kg each hand)
3x10 seesaw press (10kg each hand) done fast like boxing.
3x10 snatch (16kg)
3x10 goblet squat (16kg)

Screenshot_20180612-225211.png
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest