The Student Room Group

Would you consider dating most of your friends?

Lets say they were all game (and single), would you be keen to date/sleep with most of them (of your preferred gender)? Which of the friends would you not see yourself dating. What is it about them?

Out of 20 male friends I haven't dated, I'd probably only sleep with 7 in a different life. And only consider dating 4.

However I feel like with guys they'd date/sleep with most of their friends.

I feel like girls are quicker to put you in the friend zone and then you stay there forever whereas with guys they'd go for anyone who showed an interest in them.
Reply 1
Ok that's reassuring. Would you be able to go into more detail on why?
7/20? Wow there is hope.

I wouldn't sleep with or date any of my friends because at a certain point in friendship that goes out the window, for me at least.
0/1 hell no. It would be so weird.
Reply 4
Original post by interim
Ok that's reassuring. Would you be able to go into more detail on why?

There's a simple reason why they are friends, it's because I'm not interested in dating them.
...sorry I’m confused. Friends? What is friends? 😂
Reply 6
Original post by UWS
There's a simple reason why they are friends, it's because I'm not interested in dating them.

Well yeah of course there'd be a reason why you haven't snapped them up right away. Maybe they're not single, maybe it would make things complicated, maybe they dated one of your friends, maybe they're getting over an ex, maybe they live far away, maybe you dated their friend.
But say if one of your friends confessed their feelings for you, are you saying you wouldn't consider it?
Reply 7
Original post by interim
Well yeah of course there'd be a reason why you haven't snapped them up right away. Maybe they're not single, maybe it would make things complicated, maybe they dated one of your friends, maybe they're getting over an ex, maybe they live far away, maybe you dated their friend.
But say if one of your friends confessed their feelings for you, are you saying you wouldn't consider it?

Probably not, as I said there's a reason why we're just friends.

It might be easier to explain your situation because trying to relate to others to fit your situation isn't going to help you. Everyone is different after all.
In all honesty I agree with the OP, I would no point lying!

I think guys just consider the consequences less so if things started heating up I’d be less worried about ruining the friendship etc
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by UWS
Probably not, as I said there's a reason why we're just friends.

It might be easier to explain your situation because trying to relate to others to fit your situation isn't going to help you. Everyone is different after all.

Just wanted reassurance that guys don't necessarily become friends with you to date you. Because that's what I've experienced in the past. Recently became friends with a guy and I feel like we could be on the cusp of something good friendship-wise. Thought we were on the same page but I'm always cautious in case the guy is after more than friendship. He knows I'm not interested in anything, and we're not flirting but he always starts conversations and keeps them going so my concern is increasing.
Original post by interim
Lets say they were all game (and single), would you be keen to date/sleep with most of them (of your preferred gender)? Which of the friends would you not see yourself dating. What is it about them?

Out of 20 male friends I haven't dated, I'd probably only sleep with 7 in a different life. And only consider dating 4.

I feel like girls are quicker to put you in the friend zone and then you stay there forever whereas with guys they'd go for anyone who showed an interest in them.

no. They are my friends for a reason. First of all I like their personalities (irrelevant with the question) and second of all I am not sexually attracted to them. And even If I liked 1 or 2 of my friends I would never do anything with them. simply because once you do something you're not friends anymore. So basically you're throwing your friendship out of the window and you don't give a f*ck about it.
Original post by interim

Frankly, most of them. I have mutual attractions with quite a few of my friends (though it's never got in the way us of being friends), a few of them have told me they would if they had a chance - but for various reasons nothing has ever happened.
Reply 12
Original post by Tootles
Frankly, most of them. I have mutual attractions with quite a few of my friends (though it's never got in the way us of being friends), a few of them have told me they would if they had a chance - but for various reasons nothing has ever happened.

Yeah same, that makes sense. Maybe other people have ugly mates.
Original post by XMaramena
...sorry I’m confused. Friends? What is friends? 😂

I think it is some kind of TV show?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friends
Original post by interim
Yeah same, that makes sense. Maybe other people have ugly mates.
Maybe. Or maybe it's because I've been through a lot with some of my friends, and pretty much all of them are social outcasts like I am. Much in common, emotional attraction and all that.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
I think it is some kind of TV show?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friends

Ahh yes I’ve heard about that show. Seems to be based off some conception of companionship between two or more people. Yeah no I don’t have experience in that sector.
Original post by Tootles

Spank me Senpai

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending