The Student Room Group

18th Birthday Party

I'm hosting an 18th birthday party at the end of summer 2018, and I am wondering how everyone else has done it in the past? I have tried EVERYTHING. I've tried party planners, but as soon as I bring up that its an 18th, they start saying that they don't cater for people of that age and alcohol consumption. How do I get around this?

Also, if you could leave some theme ideas it will be highly appreciated!
Reply 1
Hire a village hall.
Reply 2
Original post by Reue
Hire a village hall.

All the halls nearby are too small for the amount of people coming, but thank you x
Reply 3
Original post by niNa_MaRia
I'm hosting an 18th birthday party at the end of summer 2018, and I am wondering how everyone else has done it in the past? I have tried EVERYTHING. I've tried party planners, but as soon as I bring up that its an 18th, they start saying that they don't cater for people of that age and alcohol consumption. How do I get around this?

Also, if you could leave some theme ideas it will be highly appreciated!

For 18th’s your suppose to get drunk not plan a birthday party.
😂
I recommend having a sesh
Reply 4
Original post by niNa_MaRia
All the halls nearby are too small for the amount of people coming, but thank you x

How many are you planning to attend?
Reply 5
Original post by Kev lad
For 18th’s your suppose to get drunk not plan a birthday party.
😂
I recommend having a sesh

Yeh but it's like a tradition in my area to have a massive bash, but a good sesh is plan B if this doesn't work out 😂
Reply 6
Original post by Reue
How many are you planning to attend?

150 people
Omg I’m literally in the exact same boat here!! Nowhere will let me hire out a place where there are potentially going to be underage guests due to drink. It so irritating!! I was planning on just having a sesh at the end of summer tbh or go for a weekend away somewhere like Brighton? I’m completely out of ideas at this point

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending