The Student Room Group

GOT ILL ,ONE WEEK BEFORE EXAMS(Alevels)

So
in next week, i have 3 exams.B ut I am ill and also suffering from Migraines.
I went to the doctor and he prescribes me some pain killer but i am not feeling better

what should I do??

please help
i cant revise and focus properly and stressing myself
Push onwards, taking breaks when needed. Don't give up.
Reply 2
Original post by sinfonietta
Push onwards, taking breaks when needed. Don't give up.

thanks..

Spoiler

You dont have a choice.
Take many little breaks, get yourself through this.
It'll get better in a few days
Reply 4
Original post by LunaCat
You dont have a choice.
Take many little breaks, get yourself through this.
It'll get better in a few days

Thanks.
To all the people saying just push through - stress could make whatever illness the OP has worse.

I'm not saying you should give up on revision, but do take it as easy as possible and try not to get too stressed.
Reply 6
Original post by independentx
To all the people saying just push through - stress could make whatever illness the OP has worse.

I'm not saying you should give up on revision, but do take it as easy as possible and try not to get too stressed.

I personally think that I am ill due to stress
I feel you, i ve been sick as well and have all my exams next week.
Take Vitamin C tablets (it genuinely helps) and drink loads of water.
It s really hard to concentrate when you re sick but i feel like studying early in the morning is much more efficient (idk for u but i feel worse at night) so yh maybe try that. When ur feeling like resting just find a video on like youtube about the subject u need to study and watch that. It s passive revision but u still actually end up remembering stuff so yh goodluck
Original post by Anonymous
I personally think that I am ill due to stress

All the more reason to take it easy. Definitely try to stay focussed but also take time out to relax.
Reply 9
Original post by jklasjrkx123
I feel you, i ve been sick as well and have all my exams next week.
Take Vitamin C tablets (it genuinely helps) and drink loads of water.
It s really hard to concentrate when you re sick but i feel like studying early in the morning is much more efficient (idk for u but i feel worse at night) so yh maybe try that. When ur feeling like resting just find a video on like youtube about the subject u need to study and watch that. It s passive revision but u still actually end up remembering stuff so yh goodluck

I normally revise in morning because at night I also feel worse
Thanks for advice
I will try vitamin c tablet
Original post by Anonymous
So
in next week, i have 3 exams.B ut I am ill and also suffering from Migraines.
I went to the doctor and he prescribes me some pain killer but i am not feeling better

what should I do??

please help
i cant revise and focus properly and stressing myself

Literally the same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. To recover ASAP drink lots of water I know people say this but it really does help, also squish a lemon to get the juice out and put it in the water. Drink hot drinks like tea to warm up your insides because illness dislike the warmth. Put on lots of layers and have a hot water bottle, even if you feel yourself sweating it good. Also try to watch youtube videos when learning about topics it’s easy if you are watching a video when ill. Take lots of breaks and hopefully you should be ok a few days before the exam to do the hardcore days before and exam revision.

Quick Reply

Latest