The Student Room Group

everytime i sleep I die

Yesterday I felt like I dyed. My mum came into the room and I was screaming and screaming but she wasn't hearing me and nothing in my body could move just my eyes and my mum was shaking me so hard thinking I was possessed or something because I was sleeping with my eyes wide open and I couldn't do anything and my chest hurt so bad because something was pushing down on me and I felt a presence which forced me to keep my eyes open and I couldn't see anything clearly it just felt so heavy on my heart.. and then whenI'm alone and no one is there I just see a bright white light which frustrates me so bad because i can't close my eyes help.

I#m onnly 13 and I don't nkow what to do i don't want to sleep anymore this happens so often and i don't know how to stop dreaming like this.pls heelp me I'm teriffied.

Scroll to see replies

its crazy i ned help i can't sleep today
Go to your GP? idk
(edited 5 years ago)
sounds like sleep paralysis
I think this is called a waking dream, sleep paralysis, or a night terror - one my little cousins used to get them. They’re scary - as you found out - but basically harmless and surprisingly common - between 8% and 50% of people have at least one in their life. Just try and keep as calm as possible.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Bill Nye
Go to your GP

im going to bed now
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
I think this is called a waking dream or a night terror - one my little cousins used to get them. They’re scary - as you found out - but basically harmless. Just try and keep as calm as possible.

no i cant theres pressure on my chest sounds ringing in my ear and my eyes hurt after and then my nose is blocked or blleeds the next day and i'm so tired and cant handle school because i refuse to sleep i can't even close my eyes.
Have you tried sleeping on your side or your front instead of your back? Wikipedia tells me that might help.
Sounds like sleep paralysis to me
Original post by notevendramatic
Yesterday I felt like I dyed. My mum came into the room and I was screaming and screaming but she wasn't hearing me and nothing in my body could move just my eyes and my mum was shaking me so hard thinking I was possessed or something because I was sleeping with my eyes wide open and I couldn't do anything and my chest hurt so bad because something was pushing down on me and I felt a presence which forced me to keep my eyes open and I couldn't see anything clearly it just felt so heavy on my heart.. and then whenI'm alone and no one is there I just see a bright white light which frustrates me so bad because i can't close my eyes help.

I#m onnly 13 and I don't nkow what to do i don't want to sleep anymore this happens so often and i don't know how to stop dreaming like this.pls heelp me I'm teriffied.

Aww I'm sorry, it sounds like sleep paralysis. I don't think it's harmful, but you should definitely see a doctor and tell your parents about it. I hope you get better soon :smile:
i dont think i have that i've slept well for over 12 years!! i turned 13 in may and ever since my birthday i've had bad sleep and i wake up and i can't see a thing or i see a bright thing and i cant close my eyes and i am just dead i can't move just sound vibrating in my ear and when i wake up my nose is block or my eyes hurt
Original post by JMR2018
Aww I'm sorry, it sounds like sleep paralysis. I don't think it's harmful, but you should definitely see a doctor and tell your parents about it. I hope you get better soon :smile:

i sleep with them now but it doesn't help and my mm said that i sleep with my eyes wide open and when i wake up my eyes hurt so bad i can't concentrate at school or my chest is red from the pressur
im going to search that thanks
Original post by GreatnessInSpace
Sounds like sleep paralysis to me
Just sleep paralysis.

Terrifying but nothing to be concerned about.
died*
ok i will sleep on my front bt whatever I do i always awake up dead
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Have you tried sleeping on your side or your front instead of your back? Wikipedia tells me that might help.
i removed auto correct as i was searching for my symptoms because they kept changing 'demonic' to dean so it says dean figures sorry
Original post by official_kelvs
died*
thanks i can't find anything online about it eiter
Reply 18
Original post by _gcx
Just sleep paralysis.

Terrifying but nothing to be concerned about.

I absolutely hate it. You know just talking about it increases the chance of it happening to you...
Yep definitely sleep paralysis, i suffer from this all the time as well for me it's because of stress, most of the time i'm being strangled and i feel like i'm being dragged around by my neck, i try scream out for help but nothing comes out, i then wake up with really bad cramping in my back and sometimes i have dreams within dreams. You have to tell yourself that you're just dreaming, I've heard of people training themselves to turn these 'attacks' into lucid dreams which i'm sure comes with practice and being absolutely calm during the attack but if its happening often then research is probably the best thing you can do. I told my doctor about it and he didn't really do anything, seems like something you have to help yourself with :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending